Special Chapter 3

The toddler was swaying playfully on his shoulders, Namjoon was terrified that he would drop her or that she would bump her head on the ceiling. But when she giggled as he bounced her up and down, Namjoon felt the fear fading away. Passerbys also couldn't help but coo at the cuteness of the father-daughter wearing matching outfits and looking at art pieces. They were also dazzled by Namjoon's smile, but it was reserved in the presence of his daughter and his wife.

"Naeun, this piece was painted by Kanō Masanobu." he explained to the 3-year-old. She pressed her face as close to the piece as possible.

"It's a tiger!" she exclaimed.

"Yes baby, that is a tiger." Namjoon laughed, his heart swelled at her enthusiasm. "Some of the strokes have faded away, but I think your mommy did a great job with getting them restored."

"Where is mommy?" Naeun asked.

"Hmm, good question." Namjoon scanned the perimeter of Reino, besides from the visitors and some staff, he didn't see your familiar figure. He guessed that you would be in your office and decided to take a little trip there. The hallway leading to the offices were filled with paintings and photos, unlike before. You had allowed all your staff to display their work. Naeun's paintings were also on there as well along with Taehyung's photos. Speaking of which, Naeun's eyes lit up when she saw the blue-haired man.

"Uncle tiger!" she yelled, reaching for him. His face morphed into one of yearning as he pulled her off Namjoon's shoulder and hugged her tightly.

"How's my little flower?" he asked, and he listened carefully to everything she said, even if he couldn't understand baby language at times. He had always loved kids and he was looking into adoptions with Seokjin. He was fond of the idea as long as his Taehyungie is happy. To prepare the two of them, you and Namjoon had them babysit Naeun a few times to see if they would break her. But so far, all three of them have survived.

"Where's Y/N?" Namjoon asked after seeing that you weren't sitting in your office like usual.

Taehyung gestured down the hall towards the back storage room. "She said she was getting something for the new exhibit." When Namjoon tensed up, Taehyung added, "Don't worry, we've fixed the locking mechanism and removed anything hazardous."

It still didn't make Namjoon feel any better. He was worried about your current physical state, it might be hard to move around at all. He told Taehyung to watch over Naeun as he went to help you with whatever it was. He found you in the well-lit room, your hair was tied up in the ponytail he grew to love as sweat formed on your face. You weren't doing anything particularly demanding, but being 3 months pregnant, mobility was definitely limited.

"Kim Y/N, you better put down that hammer before I kiss you." he yelled. His voice echoes and thundered throughout the room, it made you jumped. When you saw that he was narrowing his eyebrows and piercing right at you, you slowly put the hammer down on the counter. Then Namjoon smirked and walked closer to you. On habit, he slid his hand around your waist and pulled you closer to him.

"You know, that's not a very good threat." you commented.

He rolled his eyes playfully, "I couldn't think of anything else. But seriously, stop doing laborious work like this. I get so worried that you're even at work. Get Taehyung or someone else to do it next time." he scolded. "I don't want anything to happen to you, never."

"Alright, I'm sorry. I just wanted to make myself useful. Taehyung and the interns are always doing something great, I wanted to contribute." you admitted.

"You've done so much for this place, if anyone deserves a break, it's you, my love."

"You're just saying that because I'm your wife." you teased.

"Yes, you are my wife, the mother of my children, and you're everything to me." he reminded. "But even if you're a stranger on the street, I would tell you the same thing."

"You would?"

"Of course! Besides, I wouldn't miss a chance to talk to a pretty girl." he chuckled. "If we were to meet again, I would talk to you first, instead of admiring from far away."

"That's almost more romantic though." you pointed out.

"True, but I had always been scared it would have been the only moment. Like if you weren't at the restaurant or I never worked up the courage to ask you if I could join you for painting. I was always scared that I had let the perfect opportunity go."

"Don't think about that now, you have me. And I know we would have found each other again in some way."

"You're right, I do have you now. I love you."

"I love you too." Then, without missing a beat, he leaned down and captured your lips. Outside, someone shut the door quietly to not disrupt the moment. He also made sure that it wasn't locked. Then he proceeded to swing Naeun's arm up and down as the two of them headed out to get ice cream.