Chapter 15

It was his second cup of coffee, but it didn't help, he was still falling asleep at this meeting. For some earth-shattering world, his mother forced him to attend the business meeting with his father. On literally any other day, he would have been fine with it. But the only thing he wanted to do today was to be glued by yourself until you get sick of him. His mother begged him, and bribed him with the thought of having you over more in the future. Getting her approval was definitely something he wanted, thus, he went with his father.

Though he felt guilty for taking his anger out on you last night. He hadn't meant to, he was upset that you two would be apart. Another thing that made his stomach weak was that you haven't been replying to his text messages. When he texted his mother, she assured him that she was teaching you how to make tea but strangely, she wouldn't let him talk to you.

The meeting dragged on for hours. Namjoon was glad he won't have to do this sort of tasks as his job. As the clock counted down, his foot tapped faster and faster until it chimed. He bolted from his seat, and ran down to his car, not even waiting for his father. He made a stop before reaching the house, and with the bouquet in his hand, he was determined to make it up to you and smother you with kisses and affections.

When he arrived home, he urged the butler to park the car while he dashed inside. His eyes darted up and down the hallway, scanning for any sign of you. "Y/N," he called out. The dining room was vacant and so was the kitchen. The pit in his stomach grew when he saw that you room was empty. Something caught his attention, the sun made it glimmer a warm yellow and blue color. When debating what to get for you, he wanted it to be something that would capture all that you are. And to him, you were his light and colors. He was so proud when you let him put it on you. There shouldn't be any reason for you to take it off. He put it in his pocket and headed for his room.

"Eomma, what are you doing in here?" he asked when he saw the woman sitting on his couch, she was crying.

"My son, you're back." she said frantically, as if she hadn't meant for him to see her like this. The tears continued to flow out of her.

"Eomma, what's wrong?" he knelt down in front of her and held her shoulders. "Why are you crying? Where's Y/N? And what's the paper you're holding in your hand?"

At the mention of the paper, she sucked back her tears and handed it to him. "It's a letter from Y/N."

Namjoon raised an eyebrow, "Letter? Why would she leave a letter? Where did she go?
"I don't know if I should tell you this." she pretended to sigh and looked away from him. She was pulling him to feel some sort of pity for her.

"Eomma, just say it." he demanded.

"One of the maids caught her stealing some jewelry from my drawer."

"No," Namjoon objected instantly, "She would never do that."

"I didn't want to believe it either." she professed, "but I saw her with my own eyes. When I confronted her, she tried assaulting me. I had to get the butlers to help. I told her that I could either turn her in, or she could leave and never see you again. This letter is her explanation for you." He gazed at the words, it matched the handwriting he had seen from you. He felt numb with every word.

Dear Namjoon,

By the time you're reading this, I'm probably at home right now. You shouldn't feel sad, especially not because of me. Whatever I had with you wasn't real, I never thought we had a future nor did I wanted a future with you. The money you had would have been nice, and it would help pay for my tuition and probably my whole life. I'll let you keep the necklace, to give to someone else who actually cares about you. Goodbye.

-Y/N

The paper crumbled in his hand, cold sweats formed. He scrambled to his feet and headed for the door. His mother jumped up from her seat and latched onto his arm. "Son, what are you doing?"

When he turned around to her, her heart almost broke when she saw the redness of his eyes and how his jaw was clenched so tightly he could suffocate. "I need to see her."

She yanked him back harder, "Why? It's clear what her real intentions are. She never truly like you Namjoon, it was just about the money. I saw it last night, and I tried to warn you. All people from that world are all the same."

"But not her, she's not like that!" he yelled. It echoed throughout the room. The plants vibrated.

"I know you don't want to believe that, but it's the truth. She even took the money I gave her."

"She did?" She nodded in confirmation. Maybe the pieces finally settled in, why you were never fully yourself around him, why your family had took such a quick liking to him, and all that talk about money. His arms felt weaker and he allowed her to guide him to bed. The room was spinning. Clouds had been painting on the ceiling as he requested when he was younger, he wanted to imagine what it was like to fly. But that was before he learned about teleportation. If he had it his way, he would still jump back to that first moment with you. Just like a small child, he laid his head on her lap and cried while she celebrates the success of her evil deeds.