Chapter 32

Yoongi and his team began working immediately. The deadline was sometime after New Years, which was one month away. It was like he was a whole new person. He was directing people to their appropriate stations and he would pick up the hammer himself when the work required it. For the most part, you didn't have much to do at this point in the construction. Sometimes he would send you to buy coffee or food, but then Namjoon took it upon himself to do everything. His reasoning was you didn't work hard just to go back to serving people, even if Yoongi meant no harm. The expression gave you a boost of confidence, so you got back to oversee the other operations at the museum.

During the construction period, the museum hours changed. Guests could only visit during a small time frame in the morning. But they didn't mind, especially with the compensation of some museum souvenirs. For the rest of the time, Yoongi's workers scattered around the place with various parts of the project. Just as you were finishing up an email, your phone vibrated. It was Yoongi.

It's urgent, come quickly, the message read. Your feet sprinted to where you knew he would be. Wild thoughts ran through your mind, like a statue had fallen on him and he was too lazy to push it off, or he hurt himself in some way. Whatever the reason is, you cannot risk a death at your museum, it would be back for PR and also you wouldn't know how to explain it to Namjoon.

Your worriedness faded and was replaced by a look of disbelief when you saw him lying on the ground, feet spread out as he scrolled through his phone. He neither seemed hurt nor in dire need of help. "I'm going to block your number." you muttered. The sound caused his phone to fall onto his face. "That's what you get." you remarked before heading back to your office.

"Wait, I texted for a reason." he called out.

"What is it?"

"I need a new light bulb." he stated. Jumping up to his feet, he looked like a rich businessman with his oversized black shirt and joggers. His hair was pulled back with a headband. So this is where Jungkook gets his fashion inspirations from, you nodded.

"Okay? Tell one of your workers to go get it." you suggested.

"It's the special lights I had you order, remember?" his eyebrows raised. Right, the lights that took you forever to find because you didn't think it actually existed. You still weren't certain what the purpose of it was, but Namjoon and Yoongi discussed it would be perfect for the pictures. "Where are they?"

"In the storage room out back." you answered.

"Give me the key and I can go get it. I just need one to test out anyways." he said lazily, his hand went up with a lot of effort and force.

"It's fine. It'll be faster if I get it." you offered. "You can go back to...whatever you were doing."

"I was working." he stated firmly.

"Whatever you say." you chuckled. When you turned around to leave, you heard his body spreading on the floor, and once again, his phone fell to his face. He mumbled a few curse words. Despite the modern technology and design of Reino, the back storage room was surprisingly outdated. For one thing, the gigantic metal door had an inefficient locking mechanism that can't be opened from the inside so it had to be propped wide open if anyone is inside. The ceiling was a few meters high, it made sense considering everything was stored in here. Light fixtures, old frames, anything from old exhibitions that the artists didn't want. You were sure things from the room could be easily worth millions of dollars, but Director Song dismissed the idea of having a cleaning day for the room.

Unfortunately for you, the delivery people had placed the boxes on a shelf in the back corner that was elevated a couple of meters up in the air. It would require a ladder and a lot of stamina, which you lacked. At least Yoongi only needed one. You carried the ladder over to its position and began the ascend. You regretted wearing a skirt because it was limiting your movement. It was like climbing a mountain, but you managed to retrieve the lightbulb. As you descended, one of your heels got caught in the crack of the ladder and you fumbled backward, hitting the ground hard. The lightbulb shattered in the distance.

Namjoon, with both hands holding bags of food, found his cousin dead in the middle of the museum. Without any particular concern, he laid the food down on the ground next to him. The man took a sniff of the air and opened his eyes. "I'm starving." he whined.

"It's your fault for calling me literally 15 minutes ago." Namjoon pointed out. He wasn't particularly mad since he was planning on coming here to see the progress anyways. It was his way of hiding his real intentions for coming.

"Well I would have asked Y/N. But I sent her to get a lightbulb from the storage room and she hasn't returned yet." Yoongi defended. He opened one of the boxes and began devouring a lamb skewer.

"What do you mean she hasn't returned yet?" Namjoon asked, a pit grew in his stomach.

"It's been 20 minutes. Maybe she's still trying to find it." he shrugged.

"Which direction did she go to?" he asked impatiently. Yoongi pointed somewhere down the hallway. When Namjoon reached the end of the corner, his head turned left and right at the diverging road. One side had a door propped open and he figured that would be the storage room. His feet quickened their pace until he reached the semi-lit room. It was like a scene from a horror movie. Pieces of everything scattered around the room and cast shadows of movement on the wall. "Y/N," he called out. Nothing.

He ventured towards the back, where he heard some shuffling. He braced himself to attack, but his heart dropped when he saw you on the ground with shards of glass around your body.