Chapter 45

On the day of the opening, Namjoon called early to say that he was picking you up. The uneasy feeling was still in your chest, so you told him politely that you would drive yourself to also pick up Jimin. Namjoon respected your wishes, knowing that something was bothering you. He saw it from that night, the look of sadness in your eyes as you turned away from him for the first time. He guessed that it was because he wouldn't let you see the exhibition before the opening, but in his heart, he knew he was doing the right thing.

You unknowingly wore the best formal attires had, courtesy of Irene. It was a dark blue color skirt with a matching cape blazer with gold buttons and trimmings. She emphasized that it's one of a kind and today would also be its first public exhibition. You didn't know why you were wearing something so nice when you know there's a possibility the pictures might break your heart. Nonetheless, you out on some blushed and headed to your car to pick up Jimin, who begged you to take him.

Even though Reino wouldn't open for another hour, there was already a line outside of fans eagerly waiting to see Mono and his most secretive collection. You also forgot this would be the first time anyone would see him in person. When you asked him why he hid himself, he replied using the example of Banksy, he wanted his work to speak for itself. You had to enter through the backdoor to escape to commotions. To your surprise, the curtains were still up. You sighed, completely giving up in trying to catch a glimpse. Guess you would have to find out with the rest of the audience.

Taehyung was by the small stage that had been set up. It would be where you will give your opening speech and where Namjoon will introduce the exhibition. Considering you had no idea what the content is, you had to write down some generic lines. "Are you ready, noona?" Taehyung asked while grinning. Before you could answer, he pushed passed you to hug Jimin. They're literally soulmates. Your eyes caught something, or rather, someone down the hallway. He took your breath away.

Namjoon wore a suit that matched your outfit entirely. His suit jacket had designs of the regal era, with golden buttons and prominent stitching. His hair was parted, and his lips were rosier than usual. Irene, you thought, she made matching outfits for the two of you without actually telling you two. He froze when he saw you, his heart fluttered. Every time he thinks you can't get any prettier, you always prove him wrong. He realized how lucky he really is.

You didn't back away as he approached with arms opening. He planted a small kiss on your cheek. "You look stunning."

It was the same tone he used to talk about whoever the pictures are of. "Thanks." you said quietly.

"Y/N, I know something is wrong. Talk to me." he urged. When you shook your head and tried to walk away, he grabbed your wrist and spun you back. "I know it's been hard on you, the whole exhibition and me not letting you see the progress. I'm sorry, but trust me, okay? I love you and only you."

"I love you too," you answered. Even if the photos were of someone else, it didn't matter because at the end of the day, he was yours. Namjoon ran his speech over and over again in his head. His palms were sweaty but when he saw you smiling at him, all of his worried vanished away. The preparations were completed, it was only a matter of opening the doors. You squeezed his hand lightly one last time before going over to the doors.

People filled in the front area neatly in as organized fashion. You saw Jungkook, Yoongi, Seokjin, Irene, and Namjoon's father gathering in the front. Director Song was also present, ready to take the credit for everything. Taehyung gave you a nod and you headed up the stage. "Hello everyone. Thank you for your patience and enthusiasm for our newest exhibit by Mono." Everyone clapped. "This was a team effort and I'm thankful that Mono had allowed Reino to host his most prized collection. I hope you all enjoy it. But before we reveal anything, let's hear a few words from the man himself."

The room abrupted in chatter. They hadn't expected to see Mono in person and they certainly weren't expecting a devilishly handsome guy to take the stage. "Hello everyone, I'm Mono. But if I were to truly introduce myself, it would be 'Hello, my name is Kim Namjoon and I love photography' To me, this was never a job, it was an extension of my blood and my voice. Over the years, I've captured images that I felt were important to me. However, none of those can compare to the masterpiece I've found and what I'm thrilled to show you all today." Everyone turned their heads towards the curtains. Yoongi's workers rolled them back and the room fell silent.

Then they turned to look at you, to make sure their eyes weren't playing tricks on them. You froze, your eyes still fixated on the photos. They were of a girl, one specific girl, 18-year-old you. The photos were in black and white of moments that were engraved in your mind, and apparently also in Namjoon's heart. There was one of you on the shore from the first day he saw you, from your various activities around town, crab catching, hot chocolate. You never knew you could smile like that, but he knew and he's obsessed with it.

"As you can see, this person means the world to me." Namjoon began again, "I finally realized the power of photography after meeting her. I wanted to capture every moment with her because they're precious and irreplaceable. She's my whole world and the person I'm so blessed to have in my life. My biggest regret was letting her go, and now that I have her back, I'll never stop chasing her. But there's another surprise." He gestured for Yoongi to flip a switch and when he did, the photos came to life. Colors were painted onto them by some frequency of the light, you didn't know the scientific mechanism behind them. The easiest explanation was magic. It brought tears to your eyes. "When she came into my life, both times, she brought colors with her. I saw the world so much clearer and today, I hope she can see herself through my eyes and realize how perfect she is." he concluded and the room erupted in cheers and sniffles.

Then everyone made their way into the exhibition, to get a closer look at the photographs. The combination of how well the photos turned out and his intentions made the guests admired Namjoon more. You were still too stunned to move as the tears continued to blind your eyes. Then you felt his arms wrapping around you. "Don't cry," he pleaded.

"It's your fault," you whined, still crying. "It's all your fault."

He laughed as he wiped your tears from your cheeks. "Yes, it is all my fault. And yours, because you made me fall head over heels in love with you."

"I didn't know you took those photos."

"That's what I like about them. They showed your genuine personality, the you that I love so much and now I get to share them with the world."

"I was worried that they would be of someone else and that's why you hid it from me."

"Pabo," he said, "There will never be anybody else."

"But what would you have done if we hadn't made up?" you asked.

"I still would have shown it," he answered. "Because it would the truth nonetheless, that those photos are my treasure." You blushed and rolled your eyes. He could say anything and it would make your heart pound. He lifted your chin for you to look at him and leaned in. The amount of people in the room would not stop him from kissing you right now.

Some of his fans stood far away and giggled. They wanted to get his autograph but decided to do that later. They could tell that he revolved around the sun that is you. And from the photographs, they saw you as he does, that you're everything.