Chapter 43

Today was the last day of your break and you would have to drive back to the city later tonight. Namjoon was also feeling better, so he got up early to go for a run and to take some pictures of the snow. You told him he was crazy and he fired back with he's only crazy for you which really didn't make any sense but you went along with it because he seemed excited for some reason.

When he returned, he urged you to put on a coat and to walk with him to an undisclosed location. If you hadn't known any better, you thought he was kidnapping you. Nevertheless, you trusted him and allowed him to lead you. "Are you sure you're okay to be out in the cold like this?" you asked.

"You've asked me that 10 times already, I'm fine love. Please don't worry too much." he chuckled.

"If you get sick again, I don't think Yoongi will be pleased with taking care of you." you pointed out. Namjoon nodded in agreement.

"You're right, but Jungkook would. I don't know, I think the kid likes me too much."

"He's obsessed with you." you corrected. Even though you didn't know him all that well, you saw how he looked at Namjoon. It was the same look Namjoon used to look at you now, so much love and desire. Looks like you have competition. "Why are we going to the shore?" you asked when you recognized the path.

"You'll see." he answered. And you did see. The familiar spot where you used to go to every day to paint had the same scenery. But there was a large tent on the pebbled ground.

"Are we camping by the ocean? " you asked slowly. As much as you love the place, you would rather spend the last day of your vacation in a warmer place.

"Something like that." he shrugged. He pulled you to the entrance of the tent, which was facing the water. The interior made you tear up a little. It was your old canvas stand and brushes with the paint still in their neat containers. The stand was set up properly and had an empty canvas instilled on it. Around were pillows and blankets, and a heater.

"Namjoon,"

"I asked your mom where your painting supplies were." he explained. Your mother was concerned that it would bring up bad memories for you, but she was grateful that Namjoon wanted to encourage you to get back to doing what you love.

"Did you spend all morning doing this?" He nodded shyly.

"I want to see you paint again." he answered. "You stopped because of me, and I selfishly want to be the reason you start again." When you didn't answer and when your eyes shimmered with tears, he gasped and grew nervous. "Oh no, I'm so sorry, love. I didn't consider your feelings. We can go back to the house and watch a movie-" You nuzzled your head against his chest to shut him up. He hugged you back, satisfied.

"This is the best surprise ever. Thank you." you told him. But you still didn't look confident as he was hoping for.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm just nervous, it's been so long and I don't know if I can paint like before."

He tucked your hair back behind your ear and kissed your cheek. "You are a great painter. Trust your hands." He was right. The feeling of the paintbrush in your hand was your favorite. It was as if you held a wand and every stroke created some magic. The paint glided easily over the canvas and Namjoon watched in admiration as you captured the beach with your hand. He could watch you paint for the rest of his life. Before putting the finishing strokes onto the sunrise, you paused.

"I don't think I want to finish this." you declared. Namjoon wouldn't have it any other way.

"You don't have to. I like it like this. And this way, we can always return to this moment."

"It's freezing out and you're shaking to death. Why would you want to go back to this moment?" you asked, laughing.

"I'll go anywhere that you are." he answered.

"Even to the ends of the Earth?"

"I couldn't think of anywhere better." You rolled your eyes but the butterflies in your stomach fluttered. Then he took the paintbrush out of your hand and pulled you down into the mountains of blankets. His hand caressed your cheek dedicated and his thumb rubbed over your lips. He was waiting for something, the right moment, or your approval. Being impatient yourself, you leaned in first. He didn't take long to wrap his arms around you. The heat from your lips warmed up his entire body from the freezing surroundings. It was the heat he's been craving for so long. You plump lips against his was an addictive substance. He was completely intoxicated, and so were you. Both your minds were empty, only flooded with the scents of each other. He groaned, wanting so much to fall deeper and deeper into your love.

Where he was trapped forever.

Sorry for the short filler chapter, I wanted to play out this scenario.