Chapter 25

Something you found odd and comforting was that his car was the same one he had when he was 18. When you asked why he hadn't bought a new one, he shrugged.

"Sentimental values, I guess." You went along with it, everyone has something they value. For you, it would have been your paintbrushes. You didn't even know where they are right now, your mom might have tossed them out. The car drive, for the most part, was uneventful. Namjoon kept both hands on the steering wheel, he was afraid that if he let his guard down, he would grab your hand.

Jungkook left after bringing the food and dropping off Namjoon's car. Another thing he didn't tell you from last night was that he left his car at the restaurant to ride the cab with you. "I'm sorry, it seemed that I caused a lot of trouble last night."

"Stop apologizing, I would have done it for anyone." he commented. It was the wrong thing to say. You weren't just anyone to him and you will never be. "If I knew your house address, I would have taken you there."

You blushed, remembering how close his face was to yours. So close every detail of him was sketched in your mind like a perfect canvas. "Oh, that's alright. I don't think I would have wanted to be alone."

Namjoon caught a glance of you out of the corner of his eyes. You stared down at your clasped hands. He couldn't shake the uneasiness he feels to think if you had been alone, how scared and sad you could have felt. His mind than wandered to you sleeping alone every night, away from your brothers and parents. At least Namjoon had Yoongi with him while he was away, or sometimes Jungkook would stay over, more like invited himself over unannounced because he likes cuddling up to Namjoon.
"I know you want to ask me something." he pointed out.

"How did you know?"

"I just feel it." He knew it in the back of his mind, just like he knew you.

"I just didn't think you would want to be on the same bed as me." you confessed. Namjoon hadn't expected you to say it, hell, even he forgot about it.

"You were crying in your sleep. I thought you could use someone there beside you."

"Oh, I see." you said quietly.

"I didn't do anything to you, if that's what you're worried about." he interjected quickly.

You chuckled, "No, I don't believe you would want anything to do with me. You made it pretty clear already, back then and even now." It was almost the same thing you said last night. And just as Namjoon was about to question you further, you've arrived at the destination. "What do you have to talk to her about?" you asked once you both entered the museum.

"Business." he answered. "I don't think you should be in the room."

You stopped in your track, feeling offended that he would exclude you from business with the museum. "Why would I do that?"

He exhaled and turned to face you, he tilted his head a little, refraining his hands from touching your cheeks. "Just trust me. I'll come see you when I'm done with her." Then he left towards the mosaic doors. Soon, Taehyung was by your side.

"Is she even here today?" you asked. The director was often not present at the museum, she's too busy making friends with rich wolves.

"She's been here since early morning," Taehyung began, "Apparently, Mr. Kim emailed her late last night to schedule this urgent meeting. When she came in this morning, she had cold sweats."

"Hmm, I wonder what he said in the email that would make her scared." you slightly chuckled.

"Nevermind that, were you two together?" the boy asked, leaning down to your ears.

"T-together? W-why would you ask that? Of course we're not together." you stuttered, the blood rushed to your cheeks as you tried to cover your face. Taehyung pouted in confusion, it was gestures like these that made you miss Jimin more. Speaking of which, your brother hadn't call last night.

"Well I only said that because you two came together. It's okay, you don't have to tell me, I already know what's going on." He then proceeded to stick his tongue out and skip away to his office, which was right outside of yours.

"Kim Taehyung," you muttered, "Don't you dare go around spouting nonsense." you yelled. The scene behind the mosaic door was just as chaotic. Director Song gripped the edge of the table to support her body while Namjoon was talking to her. Though his voice was calm, every word came out like a bullet, shooting at her character and morals.

"How could you let your employees do business with a known predator?" he asked sharply. He hadn't told her all the details from last night, but just enough for her to understand that this will never happen again. "You need to treat her better because she's clearly the one that's carrying this museum on her back."

Director Song clenched her jaw, but forced out a smile. "Once again, thank you very much for stepping in a help Y/N. I'll make sure to do more research on potential photographers."

"Don't bother," Namjoon snapped, it made her jump.

"Excuse me?"

"I'll do it." he stated firmly, "I'll do the exhibition."

"But I thought you said-"

"It doesn't matter what I said. The important thing is that you will no longer make Y/N go on these business meetings, if she doesn't want to." he added. Director Song nodded and wrote a few things down in her notebook.

"Sounds great, shall we begin discussing...." But Namjoon had already pushed back the mosaic door and headed down the hallway. He spotted the mint hair boy typing rapidly away on his laptop.

"What are you doing there tiger?" Namjoon asked. The boy jumped up and slammed his laptop, the poor thing must be broken by now.

"Nothing." Taehyung exclaimed.

"Do you run a fan account? For Kim Seokjin?" Namjoon inquired, lowering his voice so that the boy wouldn't feel more flustered.

"Ohmygod, please don't tell anyone about it. I know he's engaged and it's wrong." he begged, pulling on the hem of Namjoon's shirt. He laughed and ruffled the mint hair.

"I won't. It's cute. I'm sure he's thankful for your love."

"Do you really think so?"

"I'm sure of it. If you ever want to meet him, just call me."

"Wait, what?"

"Y/N didn't tell you he's my cousin?"

"How would noona know....." His mouth changed into an O. Then he giggled and pointed to your office room. You were on the phone with another client. Namjoon rushed over and ended the call.

"What are you-"

"Don't call anymore, I'll do the exhibit. Don't ask any questions."

"Alright," you answered. "Thank you." His eyes darted to the painting.

"You finished it." he blurted out, something about it made him incredibly sorrowful.

You smiled sadly, reminiscent about that sunrise, "Sad endings are endings too."