Epilogue

2 years later

The room with the mosaic door felt differently. It could be because of the additional faces, the fact that Taehyung was now the new curator, or that you were the director of Reino. Taehyung was right that time, the executives had been planning the removal of Director Song and after the success of Mono's exhibit, they looked towards you as her replacement. It wasn't a smooth transition. You made it clear that you wanted your office to remain at Reino so that you could still be a part of all meetings and all projects. Taehyung was also thrilled when you promoted him to a curator. It gave him the freedom to explore and endorse smaller artists and photographers. You even told him he should display his photos in the future.

You let the boy along with the other interns do most of the talking during the meeting. You were in awe of their excitement and passion to promote art to younger generations. Some plans that they came up with were innovative and could bring Reino into a new light. Taehyung proposed the idea of creating a section for children to paint or to create and you gave him all the resources to accomplish that task. That was a small joy of your new title, along with traveling and meeting new people. It kept you busy, so that you wouldn't miss him but there was no point since he was always in your head.

Namjoon had been overseas for a year working on a collaborative project. It's been hell not seeing him or feeling his touch against your skin. But he's doing what he loves and you should support him through it all. Though many fansites have come into existence dedicated to Kim Namjoon, you and Jungkook now have other competitions. At least they keep you updated with how he looks and you can yell at him when he's not taking care of himself. From time to time, he will send flowers to remind you that his heart only has you. As he promised, he never stopped chasing you.

You got off work a little bit early today and left everything to Taehyung, who was more than capable of handling any situation, at least you hoped. The interns promised to call the fire department if anything happens. Your mother had called last week and wanted you to come home for the weekend, she didn't specify why, she just said it's getting cold and she wanted you home. Jimin wouldn't be joining you because he was on tour with his dance team from Big Hit. The boy was living his dream.

When you arrived at the restaurant, your mother did not greet you. Instead, she pushed you back into your car and told you to drive to the mansion. "Why?" you asked.

"Haneul asked me to call someone to clean it up for him so that he can move back." she answered.

"That's why you called me back?" you yelled, feeling quite offended.

"Just go, I'll give you some premium squid later." With the bribe of good food, you proceeded to the mansion. Considering that it was night time already, there was an eerie feeling crawling over you. Your mother hadn't even provided you with any cleaning supplies or where to even begin. Nonetheless, you pushed the gate back with your phone light illuminating your path. The water fountain was surprisingly clean for having sit there unattended to for so long. Out of habit and wishful thinking, you tossed a coin in. "I wish to see him soon,"you whispered. Then, as if magic, the fountain lit up and water began pouring out. You gasped, taking a step back. You looked around, trying to see if you had accidentally stepped on something or not. But then the mansion lit up with fairy lights hung around the perimeter. It was as if you were transported to wonderland. And stepping out of the front door like the prince he is, you wish came true.

Namjoon descended the steps, his smile grew as he got closer to you. You didn't wait to reach out and touch his face, to make sure that he was real. His cheeks were warm and his skin was incredibly soft. He melted into your touch. "You're really here." you cried.

"I told you I would go wherever you are." he answered, kissing your palm.

"How?"

"I finished the project early and flew back to see you." he explained. Being away from you was torturous for him. You were his air, his colors, but he stayed strong, knowing that he would make you proud. Seeing you right now washed away all the lonely sleepless nights. He would always come back to you as if it was his destiny.

"My mom knew, didn't she?"

"I called her to set up this surprise for you," he confessed, rubbing the back of his neck of shyness. "She warned me to never leave you for this long again."

You chuckled, picturing her holding her cleaver. "Don't listen to her, I'm really fine. I mean, not being with you sucked but I would always wait for you."

"Thank you, my love. Thank you for always supporting me and giving me all your love. I'm grateful to have you in my life. I wish I could do the same for you."

"Shut up," you warned. "You were the one that encouraged me to go after the director position and pushed me to keep going when I wanted to give up. You're the reason for a lot of things in my life, especially my happiness."

He beamed, "Well you are my everything." Then he pulled out a coin from his pocket, closed his eyes, mumbling something to himself, and tossed it gently in the water.

"What did you wish for?" you asked curiously.

"Normally I wouldn't tell you because then it won't come true. But, I'll make an exception." he declared. Then he took a deep breath and turned towards you with a serious expression. "I wished that you would marry me."

"What-" Your breath hitched when he got down on one knee and pulled out a velvet box from his pocket. The ring sparkled brilliantly like a star in the night. It would be a lie to say you haven't pictured this moment, however, you didn't think it would be now, or here. Namjoon had thought long and hard about this day, there was never a doubt in his mind that he would be asking you right in front of this water fountain where it all started.

"Y/N, you're a masterpiece. Every part of you amazes me. Your resilience, persistence, kindness, and love. You're everything I wish that I could be and it bewilders me how I have you as my own. I promise to care for you for the rest of your life and treasure you the way you deserve. My grey sky turned blue because of you. My heart has love because of you. You're everything. Will you make my wish come true?"

Unable to form words, you nodded vigorously and Namjoon jumped up, holding your body and spinning you around. Words couldn't describe the intense tingling he felt right now, having you in his arms. Then he did what he had been waiting to do for a whole year. An ember in the obsidian night. His lips locked with yours and they moved impatiently, wanting to feel every part of you already. He had missed you terribly, you laugh, your voice, your touch. "I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you," he whispered. "Here."

"Here?" you asked, looking back at the mansion. "I thought your father was moving back here."

"No, my love," he chuckled. "This is ours. Our happy ending."