Chapter 21

"No." he stated. You thought the exhaustion was messing with your hearing, so you asked him to repeat himself. "No," he said again, this time louder and clearer. "I still don't want to work with you." Seeing you was already taking a toll on him, he couldn't imagine being next to you every single day.

Your blood was boiling, and you were fuming. If someone looked close enough, they could see the steam coming out of your ears. "What the hell is wrong with you?" you screamed. "I spent the whole day doing everything for you and you're not even going to consider working with the museum?"

He stretched his arms boredly. "It sucks to have someone play with your feelings, isn't it?" Indeed, you knew exactly what that feeling was. What you don't understand is why he's being defensive when he was the one that broke your heart in the first place.

"You're an awful person and I'm so glad I finally get to witness the real you." You stood up and stomped to the door. "I can't believe you were the person I fell in love with." Before leaving, you wanted to say something that's been on your chest since the day you ran out of his house. Today would be as good as any other day because you don't plan on ever seeing him again. Then the door slammed, leaving Namjoon all alone with his thoughts.

They ran wild, you said the word love, something he didn't could exist between you and him. He let his heart overreact and the tingles submerge him. It made him happy to hear you say that. He shook his head soon after, it was just another one of your tricks to get exactly what you want and he could not let you win. As he cleaned up his bowl of porridge, he notices your bag was left on his couch. It had been 20 minutes since you left. Namjoon figured you were heading back to the office.

No one could exactly figure out why he was in his car heading to the museum, but there he was, taking in the cool exterior of the place. Yoongi would have liked this, the mixture of traditional and modern touches. Namjoon grabbed your bag and walked inside. The first thing he saw inside was the latest exhibit, and it was done by an artist Namjoon truly admired. The Japanese artist was known for his traditional strokes of cherry blossoms, no matter how hard Namjoon looks, no cherry blossoms were the same. He was surprised to see the paintings displayed, the artist was known to not like modern exhibits very much.

"Noona flew to Japan multiple times to convince the artist."Namjoon jumped back at the sound of the noise. It came from a young boy with mint hair. "Noona promised the man that the paintings would be treated with respect and all revenues will be donated to preserve all the cherry blossoms in Korea's national parks. She also promised to fly the artist over to visit the parks with her."

"Why are you telling me this?"

The boy stared at the painting as he explained further. "She didn't touch the budget from the museum, she flew there with her own money. Noona is a good person and I don't understand why you're giving her such a hard time."

"You recognize me?"

"You have her bag." he pointed. "She told me she was going to meet you and when she came back, she was clearly upset."

"She's not as great as you think." Namjoon warned. "She would use any tactic to get what she wants."

"And what's wrong with that?" the boy refuted. "We all have to do that to survive, this is our job, and Noona has to work not only for herself."

Namjoon sighed, "Where is she?"

"She's in the meeting room, explaining to our director why you didn't agree." He pointed down the hallway, towards the more executive side of the museum.

"Thank you..."

"Taehyung." the boy said.

"Taehyung," Namjoon repeated. He could have given the bag to the boy and leave, but he couldn't bring himself to do it. So with the bag still in his hand, he walked down the hallway. He stopped in front of the open mosaic door and stood still.

In the room, you were faced with the wrath of Director Song. The woman didn't hold back the daggers of words she's been waiting to call you. "You're so useless, why do I pay you when you can't even complete a simple task?"

"It was not simple-"

"Don't you dare talk back to me!" she yelled. She trotted closer to you, with some papers in her palm. Your eyes stayed glued to the floor, afraid that she would yell even further if she saw your tears. "You don't deserve this position. There are dozens of people who would kill to have this job right now. Why should I keep you around?"

"I-I'll find someone else, I promise." you whispered. Her hand raised and she swung the papers at your face. It knocked you off balance but luckily, you held the table for balance.

"Get one of these photographers." she waved her hand in the air. "And if you can't, you're fired." With the tears blinding your eyes, you knelt down to pick up the pieces of papers. Your instinct told you to glance at the door, and when you did, you found it empty. But something tells you someone had been there, watching the whole time.

He had watched the whole time. And he held himself back from pushing that woman away from you. He hated that you didn't fight back, or stand your ground. Every cell in his body wanted to hold you close to him and protect you. But this was him being weak and manipulated by your tricks. It was what you deserve on your quest for more money. He handed your bag to Taehyung, then left.