Chapter 10

Days with you had been his favorites. Every day there was something new to discover about the town and about you. Soon, his mind made you its permanent residence. He finally got the courage to ask you to be his girlfriend officially. He even asked your parents for permission, and though your mother was hesitant, she couldn't resist his dimples. Your father on the other hand, made countless threats. As he walked along sunsets with you, he imagined the quiet life you two could have together in the future, and the thought kept him warm during the cold nights, when you weren't by his side.

He wanted this feeling to last. Which is why he was a little upset when he got the call. It was his mother. Her birthday was coming up and she wanted him to come back for the rest of the break. Before you, it would have been fine, he would have loved to spend time with his mother. But now, you were in his life and he didn't want to miss a single second of you.

"What is there to think about?" you nagged. "Go back and spend her birthday with her." He pouted, snuggling up closer to you on the dock. He called you out as soon as he got the call. On the phone, he sounded extremely upset, causing you to think someone died or something.

"But I wanted to spend more time with you." he whined.

"Once we both get back to school, we can be with each other." you offered. Though your schools weren't close to each other, Namjoon said it would still be worth it for him to drive and meet you whenever possible.

"But that's two weeks away and I have to leave tomorrow."

"We can still call and text. Don't make your mom think I'm a bad person by keeping you here."

He chuckled. "That's impossible, I told her you're perfect in every way."

"Wait, you told her about me?" you asked, sounding louder than expected. He pulled away and nodded.

"Of course, you're my girlfriend, I had to tell her."

"And what did she say about me?" A knot formed in your stomach. It must have been how your mother felt towards his grandmother. The uneasiness and lack of confidence were bringing you down.

"That she's excited to meet you when she has the chance." he grinned.

"Did you tell her about my... you know?" Economic class, you wanted to say. It had never been an embarrassment for you. Your family lives comfortably with everything you could ever need, but compared to his family, everything matters.

Namjoon's hand reached up to cup your cheek, his thumb grazing your skin gently. "They don't care about that, my love. Please believe me." And you would believe him. Afterall, they raised him and if he's this kind, they can't be bad people. Temptations washed over him as he pulled you closer and kissing you. You leaned into it with your own desire, the desire to touch him and to have all of him. Selfish was the only thing you ever felt being near him.

"God, I wish I could take you with me." he gushed. Then his eyes widened, facial muscles morphed into one with clarity. "Wait, I can."

"You what?"

"Come with me, Y/N. That's the perfect solution." he cheered.

You were still unclear of what was going on. "Come with you? To the city?"

"Yes! That way you can meet my parents and we can have a little extra time together." He was shaking, due to the cold weather and also the tingles.

"Wait, it's not the simple. First off, I don't even know if my parents would let me go. No offense, you could still be a serial killer. And second off, where would I stay?"

"In my room of course." he answered without a second thought. Unwanted thoughts crept into your mind and made your cheeks warm. "I meant my house, you pabo." He pinched your cheek playfully. "And as for your parents, I will convince them. I'm pretty good with my words."

"You forgot one thing."

"What?"

"You don't even know if I want to go or not." you teased. He cocked his head to the side and bit his lips. The gesture made you nervous. He leaned forward. His lips moved and his voice was that of dark chocolate.

"I know you'll follow me wherever, baby doll."

***

His confidence was diminishing when he received silence from your parents. Empty stares and high tensions filled the air. Namjoon shrunk and his legs, neatly folded underneath his butt, were getting numb. He went over the situation, presented all the problems, and how he would solve it. He was certain his rhetoric was perfect, there shouldn't be a flaw in his plan.

A part of you hoped your parents would say no, so that you wouldn't have to move things forward. You liked how things are now, slow and comfortable. Although your feelings for him were immense and real, staying here felt like a dream you want to hold onto a little longer. Who knows what will happen when he goes back home.

"I don't know about this," your mother finally said, breaking the dust that gathered on empty air. "It seems too soon still."

Namjoon nodded, pursing his lips. "I understand that we haven't been dating for long and you might not trust me still with your daughter. But I swear to you, I'll be by her side the whole time and I won't let any trouble come to her." His conviction even convinced you for a second time that you would indeed follow him anywhere.

"She'll just be gone for two days to the city, she's not moving to another country." Jimin pointed out, he hated how strange and serious everything felt.

"Y/N, do you want to go?" you dad asked.

"I-" you paused and thought about it some more. Namjoon waited patiently, not wanting to put you under any pressure. "I do."

"Well then I guess there's nothing more we can say." your mom concluded. "Bring her back in one piece." she warned Namjoon with finger pointed.

"Yes, ma'am." he beamed. He shook both their hands then tackled you in a hug. The joy in his body transfer into your own and you were certain nothing would change with him. He'll still care about you. Out the corner of your eyes, you saw the worriedness in your mother's eyes. She was reminded of her sad ending.