Chapter 33

Your foot was messed up, you were certain about that. It was throbbing and the swelling was already taken place. You shut your eyes to avoid the pain, but it was so prevalent with no sign of disappearing. The best thing to do was to call out for help, but your body was in too much pain to even stand up and your phone was back in the office. Being located in the back of the storage room, it was almost impossible for anyone to hear you. The plan was to wait a few more minutes for your mind to calm and for the throbbing to stop before crawling out the door.

But that was before someone yelled out your name and was pulling your body up. When you opened your eyes, you were met with a dazzling star. His eyes were wavering as his lips parted. His hands wrapped around your body were shaking. "What happened? Are you okay? Are you hurt? Say something!" he demanded, voice cracked. "Please."

"I'm okay. I just fell, that's all." you answered, feeling the weakness in your voice. Namjoon looked over to where you could have fallen from and saw the ladder. He saw a lone heel attached to one of the upper steps. A fall from that height must have hurt.

"You should have been more careful." he scolded, his voice louder and harsher than he had intended.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to cause any trouble." you said like a child being scolded.

"Shut up, I'm just worried about you, that's all." he muttered. You were glad the light didn't shine on your red cheeks. "Can you stand?"

You nodded and used his body as support as you stood up. You weren't careful and accidentally put too much weight on the injured foot. A yelp escaped your mouth and your body fell fraily against Namjoon's. His arms found their way back to your waist and back. Without having to look up, you felt the closeness of his face. Timidly, and without any particular reasons other than to see his face, you glances up. His eyes were already on you, they were so fond of looking you and only you.

The material of his shirt ran smoothly on your finger, you found yourself gripping it. Under the limited light, you wanted to reach out to make sure it was really him. He pulled your body to a standing position, this time, you were careful to lean on the bad foot. Under his skin, his heart was pounding, and so was yours. Namjoon made a conscious decision to lean in, while you made the decision of closing your eyes and waiting. The presence of his lips was strong, but it never reached you.

Something slammed and the main light dimmed even further, turning a more orange hue. Both your eyes opened and turned to the direction of the noise. "Oh no." you whispered. You pushed back your wild thoughts about what had happened and focused on the bad thing that just happened.

"What's wrong? What was that?" Namjoon asked frantically, he was also trying to suppress the tingles in his hands and lips.

"The main door closed." you replied.

"So? We can just open it again, right?" Even though he could barely make out the expression on your face, he saw your head shaking.

"The security system for this room, in particular, is old. There's no way for us to open it from the inside. Once it is shut, the power saving functions will begin." you explained.

"What kind of functions are those?" he asked worriedly.

"Well, first the light, and..." A switch was pulled and an engine somewhere was shut off. "The heating system." Soon, the cold air crept over both your bodies and you shivered.

"Why isn't there a sign or something?" Namjoon boomed.

"Well it's normally just the employees of the museum, and they know the protocol." you defended. "It must be one of Yoongi's workers then."

Namjoon exhaled sharply, he wished you would stop calling Yoongi that. "Fuck, this isn't good."

"I know," you sighed. "It's all my fault. I'm sorry for trapping you in here with me."

"That's not the problem right now!" he yelled. When he saw that your body flinched, he dropped his shoulders and lowered his tone. "I didn't mean to yell. You're hurt and you need help right now. I just want you to feel better." It dawned on you that his hand was still on your back and you were still leaning against him. "I left my phone in the car. We can go by the door and hopefully someone can hear up." You allowed him to support your body as you walk towards the door. Both of you began pounding on it for what felt like hours, but the thick metal door didn't allow any sound to escape. After awhile, you both slid down the wall with weariness.

"Someone will look for us eventually," you assured through chattering teeth. The space was cold enough, without taking the cold weather outside into consideration. When you saw Namjoon taking off his coat, you knew what he was doing and stopped him before he could drape it on you. "You need to it too."

"You're wearing a skirt right now, you'll freeze to death." he argued. Once he was determined, he would get what he wants. The coat enveloped you in warmth and the smell of him filled your nose. Beside you, Namjoon wrapped his arms close to his chest. He tried hard to keep his body from shaking. Feeling guilty, you scooted closer to him and draped the coat on both of you.

"So that we won't freeze to death," you explained. Underneath the cloth, you nervously held his hand. Your sole purpose was to keep him warm, but it was only a ruse because you couldn't be away from him anymore. Namjoon gasped lightly, he felt pure bliss in the moment. It would be a lie to say he hadn't missed this feeling, he craved it. The feeling of your head on his shoulder and your hand in his. It was everything he had ever wanted, and he didn't want to let go.