Chapter 42

As the natural order would have it, Namjoon was bed riddance the next day with a fever. During the night, he was shaking and whimpered in his sleep. You thought it was a nightmare at first, so you pulled him closer to you only to feel his body burning up. Your mother, feeling apologetic and guilty for the lesson she tried teaching him, went to the store early in the morning to buy some herbs and medicines. You stayed by his side all morning and wiped his forehead with a cold rag. He was still deeply asleep. Despite that, he knew exactly when you weren't in the room and would whine until you came back.

"Don't be such a big baby," you teased. He smiled fondly with eyes closed. Your parents and Jimin were back at the restaurant and you were alone at home with Namjoon. Had it been 8 years ago, your dad would be freaking out and making threats. But the two of you are older now, and he could see that you needed to stay close to one another in order to breathe. Besides, Namjoon did not have the strength to do anything but lay down and hold your hand.

With not a lot of options for entertainment and Namjoon was beginning to wake up, you decided to move out to the living room and put on a movie. Namjoon wrapped himself in the padded blanket and it reminded you of a dumpling. Only his face poked out and your heart did a back-flip at how cute he was being. This and the fact that he had to wear Jimin's clothes because those were the only ones that would fit him. It made you realize how tall he is. Stealthily, you took a picture of him and beamed to yourself. "Hurry up and cuddle me," he yelled out. Sick Namjoon was also demanding. He learned from Jimin that aegyo was the best method for getting what he wants.

He mentally patted himself on the back when you joined his side. He opened up the blanket to allow you to be closer to him. He was scared that he would get you sick in the process but your mother reassured him that it takes a lot for you to get sick. She must have forgotten the fever you endured because of him all those years ago but you weren't complaining. You wanted to be near him as well. Together covered by the blanket, you two began watching images flickering on the screen. Namjoon's suggestion was My Sassy Girl. In his heart, he was truly a teenage girl.

Near the ending, you heard sniffling coming from his side. "Joonie, are you crying?"

He turned away and furiously wiped his eyes, "No, of course not." he answered while choking on the emotions.

"Aw, you are a baby." you laughed. Namjoon didn't appreciate that comment. He swung the blanket back, letting it fall to the ground as he gently push your body down on the cushion. He held both of your wrists above your head. Your lips parted as your heart was trying to calm down. He hovered close, you could feel his body heat. Both of your cheeks flushed at the sudden action and how provocative the situation turned. On the other hand, Namjoon smirked, obviously enjoying seeing you flustered (and underneath him). "Don't call me a baby if you can't handle the consequences." He bit his lips, making your insides melted. You closed your eyes, waiting for whatever he had planned. Instead, he lets go of your wrists and went back to his original position.

You blinked, unaware of what just happened. When you sat up again, the air suddenly felt strange. "Um, anyways, do you want lunch?" you asked nervously.

"Hm, you do owe me a meal." Namjoon replied, resting his on your shoulder.

"I do?"

"Don't you remember? When you went to my house, you said we have a lifetime together for me to enjoy your cooking." he reminded. It made you blush even more that he remembered and that being with you was in his future. In fact, you are his future. But then he was caught in a dilemma, you cooking would mean he wouldn't be able to snuggle up to you. So you settled on a compromise, that you would cook when everyone's home because your father would definitely not like seeing you two cuddling.

The rest of your family came home right on time and you began preparing the meal as everyone else conversed in the living room. From the conversations you heard, it sounded like a real family. Namjoon was absorbing everything he could. Aside from his cousins, he had never known of what a family should be. Even his parents rarely talked or laughed like this.

There was a knock on the front door, and since you were closest to the front, you opened it. The outline of the figure indicated that it was a man but he stood so far from the light it was hard to tell who he was. Then it hits you. "Mr. Kim!" you exclaimed.

Hearing that it was his father didn't make Namjoon relieved, he was terrified that he would try to hurt you like his mother did. So he ran to the door and pulled you protectively behind him. Instinctively, you held onto his arm. Your mother joined Namjoon's side in guarding you. Jimin and your father remained in the living room, eyes set on every movement of the man."What are you doing here Appa?" Namjoon asked. "If you're here because eomma sent you, then you should leave. I don't want anything to do with her anymore. "

"Son, I never knew about what your mother did until now. I would never do something like that to hurt you or the person you love." he explained.

"You expect me to believe that you didn't scheme this with your wife?" your mother scoffed. "You and her have the same priorities."

"Areum," his voice softened. "I never got the chance to apologize for what happened between us. I was young and naive. But I still want to apologize to your family for what my wife and I have done to your daughter. It's an unforgivable deed, I know. You won't forgive me and that's fine."

"I'll forgive you if my daughter does." your mother stated firmly. Hesitantly, Namjoon moved to the side to let you talk to his father.

"You didn't know what she did?" you asked.

"Not at all. She told me what she told Namjoon, which was you only wanted our money. And as a parent, it made me upset that someone would hurt my child. But after I found out, I realized that there were more casualties. I'm so sorry, Y/N. I hope you can forgive me and continue to live happily with Namjoon."

"Of course. I forgive you, you did nothing wrong. Let's stay happy."

"Does eomma know you're here?" Namjoon asked.

"No, we stopped talking once you left. Namjoon, I'm divorcing her."

Namjoon gasped, "Appa,"

"It's okay, son. She accepted it. I think she realized she was wrong too." he sighed. "I loved her, and I hope she'll go back to the person I love." It was clear that they needed to talk about everything, so you pulled his father inside and he integrated into the conversation while you went back to cooking. You felt Namjoon's arms slithering around your waist.

"I'm smelly," you told him.

"I don't care." he whined. Then he rested his chin on your shoulder, "Thank you for forgiving him."

"He deserves it, he must be upset with himself too. And now we have another supporter on our side." you cheered.

"Even if the world is against us, I'll fight them to be with you."

"Alright superman, calm down."

"I won't, I love you." No matter how many times you hear him say it, it'll be like the first time and you'll grin just the same. With the sound of his father laughing alongside yours, everything felt right.

"I love you too."