Chapter 24

You felt the soft sunlight on your skin. Pulling the blanket over your head, you realized how heavy it was. Upon opening your eyes, you almost screamed. You were not alone. A few inches from your face was Namjoon's. His hair swept over his eyes as his cheek was submerged on the pillow. He slept on top of the blanket, his arms pulled close to his chest to keep the warmth. Quickly, you pushed the blanket off your body and carefully laid it on top of him. His facial features softened. A bitter smile crept onto your face, you dreamt that he told you he wanted only you.

You stared at him a little longer, studying the changes that had occurred while he was away from you. The first time you saw him again, it struck you just how much he had grown and how he grew into his prominent features. His jaws were sharper, so were his eyes. But his nose remained the same button shape. Mentally slapping yourself, you got back to the question at hand. Why are you at his studio and why are you still wearing the dress from last night? The buttons on the collar were undone and you knew for sure it had been properly buttoned last night. You glanced at Namjoon in suspicions, no, he wouldn't touch you even if he was forced to.

On the table beside you, there was a brand new toothbrush and washcloth. The floor was chilling and your head was still spinning a little when you stood up. Your head was still cluttered after you brushed your teeth and washed your face. Somehow, your face was still red. Slapping your cheeks lightly, the memories slowly began to crawl back.

You were at dinner with a possible client. He was making you uncomfortable the whole time. You drank the glass of water and that was when your body felt hot and weak. You shuddered as you remember the feeling of his hands on you, and how close his breath was to your neck. A horrific gasp escaped your lips when you realized the implications of the event and the consequences had someone not save you. Namjoon, you thought, Namjoon was there. You remember him yelling frantically and how good it felt to be in his arms instead. As much as you hate to admit this, you still yearn for him. Being so overwhelmed and feeling terrified, tears streamed down your cheeks.

A force pulled you out of the bathroom, and once again into his tender embrace. You clutched tightly onto his shirt as he held your back and head. The tears stained his chest, but he didn't mind. "You're safe now." he consoled, there was a strange sadness and longing in his voice. He held you tighter and closer. He smelled of lavender. The sentiment only made you cry harder. "No one will hurt you anymore."

"T-thank you." you stuttered. "Thank you. I don't know what I would have done if you weren't there."

"Shh, don't think about that. You will never see that man again and he won't touch you." Namjoon stated. Your body shook and Namjoon's heart stung a little. Just like all those years ago, it pained him to see you crying. He hadn't thought of pulling away because at least he could pretend nothing was wrong, but it happened eventually.

Hesitantly, you pushed yourself away from him. You were too caught up in the moment to realize what you two were doing, it seemed that he was caught off guard too. "Sorry," you said. "I didn't mean to dump that all on you."

The slight way your hair fell onto your shoulders, unlike the ponytail you always had, made him want to look at you for more than he should. "It's okay," he replied, rubbing the back of his neck and looking away. "I'm glad you're okay."

"Why were you there in the first place?" you wondered, certain that he wouldn't answer and just dismiss you.

"I was on a date. I left her to get you." he answered blatantly. Then he yelled at himself for being so honest.

"Oh, I'm sorry for ruining your night." you offered. Even though you had completely given up hopes on romance, it was still dreadful for you to hear that he had successfully moved on. "Well, thank you, again, for saving me," you bowed. "And I'm sorry if I bothered you last night. I'll take my leave now." He instinctively reached for your wrist to stop you. "What's wrong?"

"Um," he stammered, his mouth hung open since he hadn't articulated his sentence yet. "My assistant will be here soon with some food and clothes for you to change into, why don't you wait a bit?"

"Are you sure? I don't want to intrude on your space any longer." you answered. The air around you two was that of a familiar one, it wasn't at all like the last time you were at his studio, where all you felt was his indifference towards you. At least if he hated you, your hope tree could die. But now it was thriving.

"Just stay." he commanded. You nodded and sat on the couch while Namjoon went to shower. Something was still bothering you, why was he sleeping beside you? You didn't have time to ponder that thought when the front door open, revealing a young boy with soft brown hair and oversized clothing. His eyes perked up when he saw you, his mannerisms reminded you of a broke college student. He must be Namjoon's assistant judging by the take-out bags in his hand. You stood up, waiting for him to approach instead.

"Hello," he bowed politely, "You must be Y/N noona. I'm Jungkook, hyung's assistant." he declared in a cute manner. Namjoon must be important to him.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you."

"I'm glad we finally met. Namjoon hyung always talks about you." the boy said exasperatedly.

"He does?" you asked, bewildered that Namjoon would talk about you voluntarily.

Jungkook nodded, "Oh yeah, whenever he's drunk, which is quite often, he would scream how much he misses you."

"That doesn't sound right." you protested.

"I have proof," he exclaimed, then pulled out his phone. "I recorded videos to use as bribes for later." Before he could hand you the phone, a towel hit his face. You both turned around to see a wet-hair Namjoon standing in the hallway. He looked out of breath.

"Shut up before I fire you." he warned. Jungkook just giggled.

"You love me too much, hyung."

Namjoon rolled his eyes, "Whatever, don't you have something to give to her."

"Oh right, here." He handed you a gift bag.

"Go change, then I'll take you to work." Namjoon explained while drying his hair. Both you and Jungkook stared at his arms.

"Why?"

He huffed, "I need to have a chat with your director."