Chapter 1

Click. That was his favorite sensation. When he pressed the button and the scene would instantly transfer to the camera. The scenery that would take him thousands of words to describe, perfectly embedded on the screen. Yes, it was truly his favorite sensation.

He held the camera close to his chest, both to keep him warm but also it was a precious gift his father had given him a few days ago for his 18th birthday. He felt grateful that his family was supported of his passion, even when he told them he wanted this to be his career. Of course his parents were hesitant at first, any sane parents would be, but they realized that it was something he truly loved and that's all they cared about. Granted, they had a passion for art and photography being collectors themselves. It was only a matter of time before their jobs rub off on him.

His feet continued to wander the streets. Early morning invited only those who truly loved nature, as well as early market workers. He was glad to be out of the city for a while. Busy streets and busy lights became a bother to him. Right now, it was just him, some literally love birds, and the sun. He could see the mountains clearly, and where the river water seemingly flows out of the monstrous structure. He stood motionless on the ocean dock, taking it all in.

Click.

He smiled fondly at the picture, an unexplainable joy rushed over him. He calls it the tingles, he gets it often when he feels excited or overcome with love. It would start from his fingers, then spread to his arms and eventually it would numb his entire being. Behind him, women in water boots and heavy wool-like begun setting up their fish stands. They'll have to hustle before the fishing season ends. Pretty soon, the whole dock will be flooded with busy people in busy business suits. He snapped a few more pictures before heading back to breakfast.

His grandmother grew up somewhere along this coast. She told stories of her childhood, playing under the sun all day, and catching crabs at the speck of dust. He felt the tingles then. Though, he never got the chance to stay with her because his parents were fearful of anywhere aside from the city. The only time he had been allowed to go was to attend her funeral. So he made a promise and a vow that he would come back and show his parents how wonderful her home really is.

He took the piece of paper out of his pocket and checked the sign of the place in front of him, Areum's place. Nodding to himself, he entered and was in awe of how packed it already was. His father was right when he said this was the best porridge shop in town. The owner, a thin woman with curly perms who he could only presume to be Areum, gestured for him to sit in the corner next to some school girls. They glanced at him, then at each other, and giggled. Instinctively, he pulled his scarf up. Although it was a little bit cramp, he found it especially warm.

Areum made her way to him and offered him a cup of tea. "It's odd to see a city boy around here." she said.

"How could you tell?"

"I've been here my whole life, I know an outsider when I see one." she laughed. Her comment made him a little insecure. His whole life he was considered odd because of his family and his hobbies. "I've never seen anyone with dimples before." she said suddenly. The scarf around Namjoon's face has fallen and while he was biting his lips, his dimples appeared.

"Oh, I see." he exhaled out of relief. "

"Oh, where's my head at. What would you like to eat?" she asked politely.

"I'll have whatever your best dish is. I heard your food can make a person cry."

"I hope that's a compliment." she laughed. While waiting for his food to arrive, Namjoon examined his photos a few more times. The first photograph was of his birthday cake, followed by his parents as they sat comfortably next to each other, and then his older brother pushing the cake up his face. He'll have to get him back somehow.

After the schoolgirls had left and what seemed like a ridiculously long time, Areum came back with a bowl of pumpkin porridge. "Sorry for the wait. I put in a few extra pieces of meat in it."

"It's not a problem at all. Thank you very much aunty. I can't wait to eat this." Namjoon answered. "But why don't you hire some help?" Looking around, it was the Areum, an older man that must be her husband, and a boy a bit younger than him with chubby cheeks and an oversized hoodie. He wore a black cap, pressing his hair against his forehead.

"You're handsome and polite," she laughed, pinching his cheek. "I have considered it, but if I did, I wouldn't have been able to talk to a young man like you. I do have a daughter, but she's as good as dust. She's probably somewhere along the shore right now. Aish, I shouldn't have let her go to art school, she's hopeless. She's on break and spends all her mornings there."

Areum then left him alone to finish his food, which he did soon after. His father was right, her food could do no wrong. He took the liberty to bring the dish back to the kitchen, where he thanked her for the lovely meal and told her he would be coming back for dinner. She was delighted and even joked that she would introduce her daughter to him. Namjoon chuckled. He hadn't thought much about dating, he only ever thought it was just him and the world.

Out of curiosity and out of the tug in his feet, he wandered to the seashore which was not far from the restaurant. He heard the harsh waves crashing as it came into sight. Waves washing the un-uniformed pebbles that filled the shore. A few seagulls could be heard in the distance. Namjoon felt instantly at peace. Something else caught his attention. That was when he saw her and when the tingles started.