CHAPTER 1

Haters are the people who will broadcast your failures and whisper your success.

Salma Ahmad walked into the school, in her normal look, she went straight to the principal's office.
Reaching the principal's office, she knocked and the principal ushered her inside.

Clearing his throat, Mr Macaulay said "Miss Ahmad, as the senior perfect we will like you to help this new student, Mr Nasiru Muhammed to settle in the school, show him the laboratories and all the necessary".

Nasiru was just looking at Mr Macaulay, then Mr Macaulay realized he hasn't introduced Miss Salma Ahmad to Mr Nasiru Muhammed, he quickly said "oohhh, pardon me, Mr Nasiru Muhammed, this is Miss Salma Ahmad, the Senior perfect of this great fountain of knowledge, Miss Salma Ahmad, this is Mr Nasiru Muhammed.

Salma just nodded her head towards Nasiru, he did the same smiling a bit.

Mr Macaulay said, you can leave now, when Salma was about to turn and lead on the way, Mr Macaulay told Salma to make sure she shows Nasiru every where in the school.

Nasiru and Salma left the office of the principal, Salma felt weird, for a person like her, she has always had a bubbly personality, she, in most initiates the talk but now she kept mute until Nasiru said " Salma I am Nasiru, you already know but eehhhnn..."he stuttered but Salma was quick to reply to him saying "no no it's okay, so should I start from the canteen or we start with the laboratories..."

Nasiru and Salma both agreed that they start from the laboratories, the chemistry lab to be precise, she explained and gave him a tour of almost every corner in the school.

Salma showed him where his first class will be, he thanked her and was about to leave when, Nasiru heard some female students passing by, they gave Salma dirty looks, he was disgusted.

Nasiru heard the gang leader of the girls saying "she's so freaking annoying, she acts as if she's the key to knowledge, every single teacher in this school likes her, are u ladies sure she doesn't...you get what I'm saying"
Then they all burst out laughing and pointing at her.

Salma was sad, she couldn't do anything about it, she is all used to it, from day one in this school, she has always been treated like dirt amongst  her peers, but a princess by the teachers. She is an all rounder in her academics.

Nasiru was stunned, like seriously, what the fudge does that girl mean, he is going to find the root of the problem and deal with it. Salma is a very nice girl, although he couldn't tell about her characters yet.

Salma had all her classes, when it was lunch time, she went to the canteen, bought a soft drink, she was walking to her usual spot, under a very big tree in the compound, there she could take a very good view of the school compound.

She heard her name, she wanted to turn but she decided against it, because it happened a few times back, she will be called by her peers and immediately she turns, she might be called a loner, a fool, and most cases a less privileged loner, and laughed at.
She heard her name again.

Nasiru was panting, he was tired of calling her name. So he just kept mute and continued running.

Salma sat at her usual spot, then she felt the presence of a panting person beside her, which was unusual, she turned to her left, Nasiru was panting very hard.

He stammered saying "girl, do you have ear problems"
He said jokingly, which made both of them laugh.
Then and there, the awkwardness was back. They were quiet for a while.

Nasiru broke the silence by saying "isn't your name Salma, I called you how many times, and I'm quite sure you heard me.

She nodded, looked at him, smiled and then she said "I never expected anyone to call me...soooo" she dragged on.

Nasiru was confused, he then, couldn't keep the curiosity to himself, he asked her if she doesn't have friends.

Salma fidgeted with her fingers and nodded almost unnoticeably, if Nasiru wasn't looking at her, he wouldn't have noticed it.

He too nodded, he asked if she had had her lunch, she told him no, she doesn't feel like, but she has bought a soft drink anyways.

They talked about their classes, Nasiru compared his timetable with that of Salma, they knew the classes they'll have together now.

Salma was happy, she has never been happier than today.
Having a person to talk to, it was interesting, the people she interacts with, are her parents, teachers, that's all.

The bell was rung immediately after Nasiru finished devouring his lunch, he was shocked as to not having enough time for the break, he thought he will have few minutes to ask Salma few questions. He picks up his back pack, Salma did the same.

None of them moved, Nasiru broke the silence saying " so this is it, bye, ummm, what's your next subject?

Salma said "Chemistry..."
She looked at him questioningly

He almost jumped, I guess we have the same class, that was his reply before he led on the way to the chemistry lab.

He turned around and said the last thing Salma expected.

━─━────༺༻────━─━

You are welcome to the journey of reading my book, I hope you have a nice journey. I Hope you'd recommend and love this book and its characters as well.

End of Chapter 1, thank you so much for your reads and don't forget to vote, comment and share.

Tell me what you think in the comments section.

You can contact me on Instagram and Telegram with @jimeh_khadijah as my handle respectively.

The Untold Realities.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara