Chapter 60: Broken

Lucille's P.O.V.~

  I decided to meet Merlin during the morning because I wasn't sure what time he meant specifically.

  "Lucille, you came quite early." He said as I entered the empty church's door.

  "I wasn't sure what time you wanted me to come." I shrugged and sat down on one of the benches.

  "How is the game going?" He asked.

   "We has defeated the Saxons and unified England." I told him and noticed that he wasn't really paying attention to what I was saying. "Is there something on your mind?"

  "So you noticed." He glances at me. "I know that Arthur and you are both in love but are you sure you can make him happy?"

  "What do you mean by that?" I asked and Merlin continues.

  "The obstacles ahead of you are going to make you feel pain, depression and as if you won't have hope anymore." Merlin said. "Are you willing to stay with him even then?"

  "Do you think I wo-"

  "Even if he isn't real?"

  "I won't say that he's fake or imaginary like everyone else here." I said. "I believe in him and I will trust him the same way he trusts me."

  "Is that so.." Merlin walks towards the exit. "Make sure you remember your words."

  "I will." I promised him. "Are you leaving so soon though?"

   "I'll be leaving the castle in two days but I'm not sure if I'm returning." He replied and exited the door with a small wave.

   I left the Church shortly after and saw that Merlin was nowhere in sight. Climbing on my horse, I noticed that bats were flying toward my direction in the middle of the day. Wait, what.?

  Suddenly, a sharp jolt of pain came from my shoulder and I clutched the reigns on the horse to keep myself to stay on. As much as my shoulder hurts, I managed to get my horse to calm down and head towards the castle as I lost consciousness.

  Arthur's P.O.V.~

  "What do you mean the only way we can save her is sending her back to her own world?" I demanded, being rude to Merlin for once.

   "She's been shot by an unknown weapon that even I can't heal." He said bluntly. "But she has to stay three months there before she could come back to completely heal her wounds."

  I cupped Lucille's cheek. I guess I really have to send her away..

  "Bring an egg immediately." I demanded and a servant scurried away. "No matter how long I must wait, it is worth it."

  The servant came back quickly with a boiled egg and spoon, which I scooped a bit and put it into her mouth.

   "Rest well, my love." I said and gave her a kiss on her forehead. I felt something wet slip down my chest and I saw Lucille crying a bit as she disappeared. Please, be well..

   Lucille's P.O.V.~

  I awoke on my bed, dazed and sad. I know I had to wait for three months to pass before I go back, but I wanted to go back as soon as possible.

   Life here was pretty much dull compared to my days in Camelot. My daily routine of going to school, mess around with Aqua, reading manga continued until finally, three months had passed, which I eagerly ate another egg and got transported back in, unfortunately in front of Duarte and Parsi.

  "I'm here to greet you." Duarte said with a smile. "Come with me to Rome."

  "I need to go back to Arthur though." I shook my head. "Maybe another time."

  "I'll assume that you made a promise there." He replied and snapped his fingers. "Prepare a horse for her."

  "Are you really letting me go that easily?" I asked and he shrugged.

  "You're only going to bring pain to yourself." He replied. "Don't blame me."

  With my horse prepared, I sped away towards Arthur's camp and found Lamorak in the front.

  "Greetings." I bowed to him. "I came to see Arthur."

  "Who are you?" He asked, his cheeks pink. "What do you want with him?"

  "I would like to see him." I replied, kind of curious of why he was asking me.

  "What is the commotion out here?" Arthur comes out of a tent which I gleefully waved at him. "Who is she?"

  "Who.. is.. she.?" I repeated, my heart dropping. "Arthur, you're kidding me, right?"

  "Can you please stop calling him by his first name?" Lamorak asked me and I shook my head.

  "Arthur, we are engaged." I showed him my ring I received. "C'mon, Kai and Lancelot knows that too!"

  "How do you know their names?" He asked. "You are a Roman spy!"

  "I'm engaged to Arthur." Guinevere exited the same tent as Arthur did before, making my heart drop even more. "I'm now the future Queen and I think we should lock up this Roman spy."

  "I'm sorry for taking you out onto the battlefield." Arthur said, sheepishly.

  "Sister said I should follow you." Guinevere smiled at him. "We are husband and wife now so you don't have to be so courteous."

  "Now." She slapped my face, causing me to wince a bit. "Bring her back and lock her up!"

  "Arthur.." I muttered as knights grab my hands from behind. "I see how it is.."

  Just when I was going to get handcuffed, Parsi literally comes out of nowhere and knocks them out.

  "I was right!" Guinevere yells. "She is a Roman spy! If she wasn't, why would someone from the Black Duke save her?"

  Arthur draws his sword as I took a step towards him.

  "Don't you dare take another step forward." Arthur said. "I don't know you and I will kill you!"

"Is that so..?" I felt my tears fall down my cheeks. "Then know that someone who loves you more than you think is going to let you kill them."

  I grabbed his sword, feeling the blade penetrate my hands and stabbed it through my body. I laughed a bit, feeling a bit silly then took off my ring, throwing it at him.

  "Lucille!" Parsi yelled and rushed over to me, picking me up and throwing me on his horse. "We got to go, now!"

  Arthur's P.O.V.~

  As that girl and that boy left, I stared at the ring she threw at me and a sudden image filled my brain. The girl was smiling at me as I put the ring on her finger. Carefully, I picked up the fallen ring and placed it in my pocket.

  "Should we go after them?" Lamorak asked me and I shook my head.

  "Let's let them go."

————————————————————

  Rip otp

  Anyways, I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter~! Please vote and comment and I hope to see y'all in the next chapter~!^.^*