Chapter 41: Sparring Match

Lucille's P.O.V.~

  On our way back to Camelot, Arthur and I exchanged many words happily as well as Lancelot. By the time we did arrive there though, the sun was setting and Terry was there to greet us.

  "Welcome back, your Majesty." Terry bows at Arthur then nods to Lancelot and I. "You two as well."

  "It's good seeing you again, Terry." I said and he backs away from me.

  "Please refrain from hello hugs until you washed your hands." Terry said and I smiled. Oh, same old Terry..

  "Where's Kai though?" I looked around the entrance as an attempt to spot the loud brown hair young man, but he was no where to be found.

  "He's in bed." Terry answered. "He has a sore throat."

   "A sore throat..?" I repeated, sort of confused. Are we talking about the same talkative Kai..?

  Terry shrugged. "I liked to listen to his stories but after three days and nights of talking to me, he seemed to have lost his voice."

  Did he really out talk Kai?!?

"I will go visit Kai." I told Arthur and Lancelot, who nods and both seemed to continue their semi deep conversation.

  Stepping quietly and quickly down the hall, I reached Kai's room and knocked on it.

  "TERRY, MY THROAT HAS BEEN SWOLLEN! WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?" Kai yelled and I laughed, pushing the door open.

"Oh, Kai." I smiled at him. "It really seems like you met your match in talking."

  "Lucille! You're back!" He cheered. "Is his Majesty back as well?"

  "I think you shouldn't speak as much and rest." I told him and he coughs. "Terry was quite the talker, isn't he?"

  "He keeps asking questions." Kai cursed. "I'm never going to talk to him again!"

"Is that so..?" I replied.

"But anyways,  Arthur is going to host another party in a few days with many important guests from around the country." Kai said. "There is some suspicious nobles who are curious about how Arthur claimed the throne, so I hope nothing bad happens to him."

"Knowing that it's Arthur, I have faith in him." I replied and saw that Kai's left hand was wrapped in bandages. "Are you alright?"

  "It's nothing." He said and hurriedly changed the subject. "I heard that the famous beauty is coming too!"

  "Who is she?" I asked and Kai looked at me like I was insane.

  "You seen her already!" He exclaimed. "She's the one who attended the ball."

  "Ah.. Her." I sighed. "She's decent looking."

  "Of course she is, compared to you." Kai said and I smiled at him. "Thank god we have our own beauty here in the castle."

  Time Skip~

  So, apparently we are having a sparring battle to win the nobles support to Arthur. Kai and Lancelot will be duelling, as well as Terry.

  Lancelot easily defeats the first opponent, so I decided to go pay my wishes to Kai when I saw him kneeling on the floor, clutching his hand in pain.

  "What happened?" I demanded. "Tell me now."

  "I was injured while sparring with my friends a few days ago.." Kai admitted, finally. "I didn't want to forfeit the match because I saw that Arthur trusted me to win so much."

  "Let's just hope Terry-" Before I could finish my sentence, a servant ran in.

  "Sir Kai!" He yelled. "Sir Terry has lost so you should hurry and get ready."

  "How did he lose?" I asked and the servant shrugs.

  "Apparently a bird pooped on his head and he instantly fell." He replied and I shook my head. Of course he would've faint from that..

   "Lucille, you should leave so I can go get ready." Kai said and I shook my head.

  "I'll go instead of you!" I exclaimed and he gaped at me.

  "Do you think you can win?" He asked me and I nodded.

  "I've been training with you for years and you know what I'm capable of." I said. "All I need is you to trust in me."

  Kai sighed then nods. "Good luck out there."

  I quickly put on the armour and headed out to the field. The horse I was given was Kai's usual one, so it recognized me and obeyed me easily. I trotted into the field and held the lance I was given. This is somewhat heavy.. but I can use this.

  "Let the match begin!" The speakers blared and I charged towards the other knight and quickly, ducked to dodge his first swing. With my Lance, I managed to parlay the next following swing then quickly turned the horse around to dodge the next.

  I could see Arthur's eyes on me, and I knew he trusted Kai to win completely. I held the Lance tighter and with a quick flick of my wrist, Kai's horse charged forward once more and I hit the knight off the horse completely by hitting him square in the chest.

  "Sir Kai won!" The crowd cheered and Arthur gave me his most proud smirk. Suddenly, the crowd went towards me and ripped off my helmet.

  "A girl?" They shrieked. "Oh dear God, Lord Nantes was defeated by a girl!"

  "Lucille?!" Arthur exclaimed, getting out of his seat.

  I was going to say something, but someone started to riot and threw something at my head, causing me to feel dizzy. Oh, please don't let me faint-

————————————————————

  Ugh, the next chapter is with Princess Guinevere.. She's honestly such a spoiled brat so I hate to write about her..

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter~! Please vote and comment and I hope to see y'all in the next chapter~!^.^*