Chapter 32: Finding a Cat

Lucille's P.O.V.~

The King's funeral seemed to have dragged on forever. The King had been such a beloved man with a long legacy, so I guessed it was unavoidable. Arthur didn't shed a tear, which made me admire him for being so strong for such an unfortunate event.

However, that wasn't the worst event yet. The British's hierarchy has been thrown into chaos due to no one being able to succeed it yet. The Royal Court has been continuously bickering about their opinion who should be the next King. Arthur's mother had not been born a noble, so his ascension for the throne would be troublesome. However, this seemed to have changed when some news from Camelot came in.

"Is there a sword in a stone?" I asked Merlin, who nods. "I thought that was just a legend."

"The sword is found in St. Paul's Basilica." Merlin said. "It has a quote inscribed on the side which deems the person who pulls out the sword will be the next King to ascend the throne. The Bishop and Minister claimed this stone was placed by God, hence it was never argued against the fact that it would be false."

"Which leads to Arthur," Merlin said, looking at a somewhat shocked Arthur. "It's your time to claim the throne. Countless other nobles had already had their turn at pulling out the sword but not even the strongest man could."

"The sword must've been waiting for you." He said.

"When will we be leaving?" I asked Merlin with gleaming eyes. "I want to see the sword and stone!"

"I'm taking Lancelot and Kai." Arthur said. "There is no need for you to come?"

"Is it because I'm a woman?" I retorted. "Is it because this society is so egoistic that all they care about is men?"

Kai pats my head. "We'll be back soon anyways. It'll be cold in Camelot which is not good for a little miss like you~"

I slapped his hand off my head. "Shut up.."

"Teacher, may we pack for tomorrow's trip?" Arthur asked and Merlin nods once more.

"I need to talk to Lucille privately anyways." He said, looking at me straight in the eye.

Once Arthur and the rest left, Merlin let out a huge sigh.

"Did you save the Dark Duke in the cellar?" He asked me, and I hesitantly nodded yes.

"I didn't know he was the Dark Duke though." I admitted. "I just wanted to help someone in need."

"I mean, he would make the game harder to finish." Merlin grimaced. "The Dark Duke also wants the Holy Grail so it could affect the ending if he does."

"And what happens if he does get the Grail by any chance?" I asked him.

"Then the game will restart." Merlin shakes his head.

Oh, big screw me...

Time Skip~

When I came out of the room and into the pavilion, the sky had turned rather dreary and it was pouring. I decided to hurry back to my room before it got worse, until something small and black caught my eye. I bent down to get a better look at it and surprisingly enough, it was a black cat.

"What are you doing here?" I mused out loud, as the cat came towards me. I patted its head and it cheerfully cuddled against my hand. "Don't you have an owner?"

I got up to look around for someone, however, no one was in sight. Why would a cat be even here in the first place? Maybe someone in the castle owns him.?

  Gently, I picked up the cat and decided to bring him to my room since it seemed rather cruel to leave him out in the rain by himself. However, just when we reached the front of my room's door, the cat began to frantically wiggle its way out of my grasp and quickly ran into the direction of Arthur's bedroom.

  "Wait!" I cried as I quickly followed to pursue the cat. "Come back here if you want to live and not die from that tyrant!"

  However, to my dismay and pure confusion, the cat seemed to know exactly where it was going and went straight into Arthur's room. A loud shriek came from within the room and I found myself standing at the door watching Arthur getting backed into a wall with the cat.

  "Lucille!" He yelled and looked at me frantically. "Take the cat out! Why are you just standing there?"

  "Could it be.. You're afraid of cats?" I laughed at Arthur. "You weren't scared of that cyclops at all and yet, you were afraid of the cat."

  "Those two are completely different things!" He scoffed and I picked up the cat. "Whoever brought it in the castle is going to be banished!"

  "Oh, so I am?" I looked at him. "Maybe I should tell Kai about your fear of cats?"

  I wiggles my eyebrows moving him and he shivered.

  "You wouldn't dare!" He shrunk back. Suddenly, the cat seemed to crack what I thought was a bell but was actually a box on its collar and black mist seemed to engulf us.

  Coughing, I attempted to use my wind magic, however, something seemed to go wrong and instead, I was knocked out.

————————————————————

  So, apparently the fly is back in my room and I'm out to find it again ;(. Also, there is a plot twist with the body swapping cause I'm gonna change it. Hahaha-

  Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this incredibly short chapter~ Please vote and comment and I'll see you all in the next chapter~^.^*