Chapter 59: Making Chocolates for Arthur

Lucille's P.O.V.~

  "Is that you, Lucille?" Morgan came in holding a long red cloth as I sipped my morning tea. "You decided to have breakfast alone?"

  "Arthur was just busy." I said, putting my tea cup down. "It seems like you're also busy as well."

  "That's because it's His Highness's birthday soon." She said with a small giggle. "The Princess is always clinging onto His Majesty's side so I have a lot of spare time these days."

  "His birthday, huh?" I repeated. "I guess I'll have to get him a gift too."

  "Do you know what you're making?" She asked me and I shrugged.

  "We will see." I replied, knowing better than to tell her. "I'm sure I'll think of something."

  "If you don't know how to make something, just ask me." She smiled and waved goodbye. What is something Arthur could use.. Or eat..? Ah! That's it!

  Time Skip~

   After bugging Kuai Shou for quite a few days, I finally convinced him to teach me how to make chocolate properly without burning down the kitchen. I spent hours in the kitchen, even skipping meals to do so. He was very patient and helpful, since he managed to not let the kitchen on fire.

   "Finished!" I exclaimed and showed Kuai Shou my finished product. The chocolate finally didn't look deformed and mushed up, which I think was a huge improvement from my first attempt.

  "That's really good." He smiled. "I'm sure whoever receives them will be happy."

  "I hope so too." I smiled back at him. "I'll be eating lunch with the others today."

  Kuai Shou waved goodbye as I exited the kitchen with the small box of chocolates in my hands.

  "Is that Lucille?" I heard Kai's voice and I quickly hid the box behind my back. "Are you planning to join us for lunch today?"

  "Kai!" I exclaimed. "Yes, I am."

  "What do you have behind your back?" He asked me, peering around which I shielded him from looking.

  "It's nothing." I replied and attempted to walk past him which he unfortunately managed to grab the box from me.

  "Are these chocolates for Arthur's birthday?" He asked me, his eyes wide. I waved my hands around and made a shushing motion.

  "Someone might overhear!" I said and he shut his mouth. "But, it is for him so if you spread it, you'll be dead meat for sure."

"I'm pretty sure you should be more worried about losing your man then making a present for him." Kai said. "The Princess has constantly been clinging onto him and he's getting really annoyed by that."

  "Yeah, her whole personality changed from hitting her head." I sighed.

  "But I'd be careful, if I were you." He passes the box back to me. "There's something strange about this."

  "Thanks for telling me." I replied and quickly waved. "I'll see you at lunch."

  I went to my room to put away the chocolates on my drawer then went to the dining room, where Lancelot and Kai were waiting.

  "Lucille, you finally decided to join us!" Lancelot exclaimed. "You've haven't eaten with us for the past few days so we were worried."

  "I'm sorry, I was just busy." I said, taking a seat at the table.