Chapter 49: Excalibur

Lucille's P.O.V.~

  I woke up in the morning to find that there was a small woman sitting on the Lotus Flower in front of me.

  "Arthur," I gently shook him awake. "The Goddess is waiting for us on the flower."

  "Huh?" He rubbed his eyes. "Really?"

   "Good morning!" The Goddess chirped.

   "You're so cute!" I smiled at her, which she returned. "Is it hard to live in that size?"

  "It's really not that bad." She giggled, her laughter could only be compared to an angel's.

   "You must be the Fairy of Yimia Lake?" Arthur asked, to confirm her identity.

  "Yes, I am, King Arthur." She said with a small curtesy. "I, Yimia, have been awaiting for your presence, Your Majesty."

   "I assume you know what I'm here for." Arthur said and she nodded.

   "The Sacred Sword has chosen you as it's next successor, so of course I know why you're here." She replied. "I just have a small request before I hand you the sword."

   "I just want to borrow that girl for a day." Yimia pointed at me. "Just one day would be enough."

  "I'll be willing to let you borrow me." I replied before Arthur could protest.

  "You see, I was cursed when I was younger to only appear in this form." She explained. "And I'd like to borrow your body, even if it was just for today."

  "That'll be fine." I agreed. "Just please give the sword tomorrow then."

   "How could you agree so easily?" Arthur asked and I shrugged.

  "I don't see anything wrong with this." I replied. "I'm just swapping with her for one day and you'll get your sword by then."

  "Since you agreed then, please don't regret it." She said and waved her hands, causing lotus petals to cover both of us.

   My vision went blurry until I saw Yimia, who was the same size as me.

  "Huh?" I gasped and Arthur's words were as loud as thunder.

   "Yimia, what have you done to her?" He demanded and I looked up to see Arthur towering above me.

  "Lucille, it seems as if my magic messed up." Yimia laughed. "And I accidentally changed your size to mine instead of swapping bodies."

  "Fairy Yimia, please turn her back." Arthur said and she shook her head.

   "This magic needs to take a while to wear off." She said and smiled at me. "You can experience what it's like being my size now."

  Ah, it's what I said earlier..

   "Well, I'll change it tomorrow morning." She smiled. "Goodbye for now!"

  With a wave, she disappeared in a flash, leaving Arthur and I gaping.

   "You're pretty cute this size." Arthur said awkwardly and I shuffled my feet.

   "Oh, stop it." I said, looking away. "This'll only be for a day so I'll just enjoy myself in this size while I can."

  I began to wander off before Arthur could say anything and found myself lost between the grass. Well, isn't this wonderful...

  Suddenly, a snake appeared in front of me, and due to my small size, was towering over me. It began to hiss at me before it's body got separated from its head.

   "Are you stupid?" Arthur asked me and picked me up. "Are you trying to get yourself killed?"

  "I just wanted to look around.." I looked towards the gr- I mean, his hand.

   "You almost died there." He said, this time softer. "With this size, you're much more vulnerable so you need to be more careful."

   "I'm sorry." I said and he taps the top of my head with his index finger. Suddenly, rain began to fall and Arthur quickly found shelter under a tree and put me under his cloak, which was very warm and dry.

  "From now on, you must stay by my side." He said. "You can't run away anymore."

  Time Skip~
  The Following Day~

  I wasn't completely sure when I passed out in his comfy cloak, but I awoke to myself in my normal size, hugging Arthur and him smiling at me.

  "Ah!" I cried, jumping back a bit. "I didn't mean anything!"

  "Huh?" His smile got even brighter.

  "I see that the both of you are awake." Yimia appears in front of us. "Did you enjoy my size?"

  "I sure did." I smiled at her, trying to not let her know how much I wanted to strangle her.

  "Now, is it time for me to receive Excalibur?" Arthur asks and she nods. With a snap of her fingers, a golden sword and scabbard appears.

   "Your Majesty, the sword is strong but the scabbard is even more important." She tells him. "Make sure not to loose either."

   "Why is the scabbard more important?" Arthur asked.

  "If you were to choose one, which would you choose then?" She asked him.

  "I would choose the sword."

  "You should choose the scabbard." Yimia said. "The sword could be used to inflect pain but the scabbard could be used to protect people."

  "I don't need protection." Arthur declares and she sighed.

  "Anyways, we are done here." She said and turns away. "But please tell Merlin that I do not want his gifts, since they are the things I hate the most."

  Yimia disappears and I grabbed the scabbard as it began to fall.

  "We should head back now." Arthur said and I handed him it. He puts them both carefully on the side of his belt.

  If he doesn't want protection from the scabbard, then I'll be his protection then..

  Time Skip~

  During the short time that Arthur and I were gone, it seems that tons of knights have arrived to join the Round Table. I decided to change my clothes into a shorter summer dress, which Arthur gave a disapproving glance at, probably because there was so many other males around.

  "Lancelot, your seat is over there." I pointed to his seat which was next to Kai's and he quickly thanked me.

  "Lucille!" The Marquess sang and I dodged his attempt to hug me. "Help me find my chair!"

  "Your chair is over here." Arthur said and pushed him onto it. I silently mouthed my thanks and he nods in my direction.

  "This is so boring!" Kai whined out loud. "I got Terry and Lancelot by my sides! How am I supposed to get more gossip if I'm between them?"

   The seat on the right of Arthur seemed to be free and I squinted to see the words on it.

  "Dangerous Seat.." I read out loud and Merlin seemed to have appeared next to me.

   "You must've found that seat strange right?" He asked. "This seat is only for a knight who has a pure body and soul but if someone else sits on it, they will meet danger."

  "Is that so.." I said, and decided to go back to my room to rest before the party started before Merlin stops me again.

  "A major battle between Arthur and the Saxons will happen soon." He said. "You can leave after that but be absolutely careful about not losing he scabbard."

  "Alright." I nodded and realized I haven't asked something about Yimia, especially how she acted when she told Merlin not to send her gifts anymore. "Is there also someone you'd be willing to protect no matter what.?"

  "What's on your mind even?" He gives a pained smile. "You better go rest now before you don't get any."

  And with that, Merlin dodged my question, which will never be answered now.

————————————————————

  I hate math.

  Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter~! Please vote and comment and I hope to see y'all in the next chapter~!^.^*