Chapter 31: Spending a Night in a Cave with Arthur

Lucille's P.O.V.~

  And so, out of pure stupidity of both Arthur and I, we waited for the sky to downpour on us to get the idea that we should've found shelter earlier.

  Arthur, who seemed quite familiar with the area lead me to a near by cave. I was literally soaked to even under my clothes and due to this, I could feel myself shiver and sneeze, which made Arthur looked worried.

  "Why didn't I bring any medication back to this world with me?" I cursed myself out loud. "I always knew that I forget something important and don't remember it until I really need it."

  I crouched down, hugging myself to keep warm while Arthur seemed to be gathering sticks within the small cave. He puts it into a campfire position then miraculously, brings out Kai's lighter.

  "Isn't that Kai's?" I asked Arthur who shrugs.

  "He lost the privilege to own it," He shrugs and lit the lighter. "I tried to endure him talking to me for three days straight so I took it away."

  I watched as the fire danced to life and I shuffled myself closer to the fire.

  "It's nice, isn't it?" He asked me, while he sat next to me. "It's nice and quiet except for the fire, the rain and us."

  "I agree." I replied, putting my hands in front of the fire for warmth. "I finally don't have to deal with Kai's gossiping."

"Which reminds me," Arthur said, digging into his pants pocket. "My father wanted you to have this."

  He pulls out the box with the beautiful amber necklace in it. "He gave it to me last time and said that you should accept it."

  "Isn't it more important to you?" I asked him. "You should give that to someone special."

  "Do you not think you're special to me?" Arthur's eyes avoided my gaze. "I mean if you don't accept it, it'll be embarrassing for my late father and shameful for me."

  I laughed at his tsundere like words.

  "Turn around," He ordered me, still not meeting my eyes. "I'll help you put on the necklace."

  I obliged and I could feel his warm hands and the cold necklace touch the back of my neck.

  "Hold still.." he mumbled, fumbling with the clasp. "It's hard for me, alright?"

  I tried to stay as still as I could, however, I could feel his fingers brush my nape ever so gently which made me feel like I was melting on the inside. Arthur was still struggling with the clasp for quite sometime, which made it even more awkward.

  "You know," he whispered. "I followed your advice on the night I stayed at the palace and told my dad I loved him."

  I finally felt the necklace's weight around my neck.

  "This is why I don't feel regretful even though he's gone now," Arthur hugs me. "Thank you so much."

  I wanted to embrace him but the position that we were in felt so warm and so right; the fire crackling as the rain poured outside. However, all perfect things that happens to me in this universe is not meant to be.

————————————————————

   The next chapter will be part of Arthur's ascension for the throne which will be hella long-

I'm sorry for not updating sooner. I have tons of things to do now because of finals, work etc.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter regardless. Please vote and comment~ I hope to see you in my next chapter as well~!^.^*