Chapter 47: Questioning

Lucille's P.O.V.~

  "So what you're saying is that the sword can't be repaired, right?" I asked Merlin who nods.

  "What a shame!" Marquess Gawaine said. "I only used half my effort, Your Majesty."

  I couldn't tell if Arthur was pissed off from that or just annoyed.

  "If it cant be fixed, then it'll be okay." Arthur said. "I can cope by myself."

  "Your Majesty, the Saxons and Romans are for sure spying on us at the moment." Merlin said. "You need a sword to harness your power."

  "Merlin, you already know the answer to this, don't you?" Lancelot asked and Merlin laughed.

  "You really do live up to your reputation as the best knight." Merlin smiled. "There is a sword and it's called Excalibur."

  "Where is it now?" I asked and Merlin gave a sad smile.

  "It's guarded by a Goddess, more specifically, the Goddess of Yimia Lake." He said.

  The name did not ring any bells for me, but it did so for Lancelot.

  "I heard from the Goddess who raised me that she was a special lady." He mused then bows towards Arthur. "Your Majesty, if you like, I can go retrieve the sword for you."

  "You just came back though!" I exclaimed. "You should rest and Arthur can send another one!"

  "It's fine!" He protested and shook his head.

  "I'll be going again instead." I said. "I was the one who caused the whole sword to break."

  "You should send me as well!" Marquess Gawaine exclaimed. "I'm technically the one who broke the sword! And Lucille and I can spend quality time together then!"

  "Let me go as well!" Kai cried and even Terry seemed eager to go too.

"I'll join you if the forest is clean." He said. Wait.. Why do all of them seem like the annoying type to travel with..?

  "I rather take Lancelot with me." I said, pulling on his arm. "Is that alright, Arthur?"

  "No," he shook his head and I pouted. "I already said he's staying here."

  "But instead," he said. "I'll be going with you in two days."

  "Really?" I cheered. "That be great!"

  Later that night~

  I was walking towards Arthur's room when Lancelot's silvery hair caught me attention in the garden.

  "Xiao Lan!" I exclaimed, and jumped on his back, causing him to almost fall over in shock. "What are you doing out here so late by yourself? Are you waiting for your secret lover or anything?"

  "Secret lover?" He gasped and waved his arms frantically. "It's nothing like that. "It's nothing like that! I'm just waiting for my small friend to come out!"

  "Small friend.." I repeated and saw that a porcupine appeared from the bushes. It scampered over to Lancelot, who takes out some bread crumbs for it to eat. "It's so cute!"

  "What happened to the black cat anyways?" Lancelot asked me and I shrugged.

  "It disappeared." I mused. "I don't think we will ever see it again."

  "That's too bad." Lancelot said and changed the subject. "I see that His Majesty claimed you as his in front of everyone earlier."

  "Is that so?" I thought for a moment. "I just thought he wanted to get out of the castle because he's stuck here all the time now."

  "He's just worried that his object will be stolen." Lancelot said and I blushed at his choice of words.

  "Xiao Lan!" I protested. "I told you not to tell anyone about our relationship!"

   "I haven't." He replied, patting my head. "I'm not Kai so don't worry."

   The porcupine was done eating it's food and began to purr cutely.

  I was going to rub it's tummy but Lancelot snatched my hand away.

  "You should be careful." He said. "It's spine can hurt you."

  Lancelot inspects my fingers. "At least, the spikes didn't poke your skin yet."

  Lancelot's fingers felt so warm and I could feel something in my heart stir. But I'm dating Arthur right now..?

  Suddenly, Lancelot flinches and pulls his hands away. "I'm sorry, I really shouldn't have touched your hands like that."

  "It's fine." I assured him and we laughed it off. "I must get going now."

  "That's too bad." Lancelot said with a semi-sad smile. "Have a good night, Lucille."

  "You too." I said before getting up and arriving at Arthur's bedroom door. Before I could knock, a hand shot out from behind the door and pulled me in.

  I looked up to see a jealous looking Arthur.

  "What were you doing with Lancelot?" He demanded. "You two seem awfully close."

  "We are just friends." I said. "Are you jealous?"

  "Jealous?" Arthur stiffened a bit. "I'm not jealous at all."

  "Really now?" I said and poked his chest. "Why did you question my relationship with Lancelot? Or decide to go on a quest with just me and let no other guy come?"

   Arthur's face was one of those who looked like they lost a war. "Alright, I'll admit I was. I just don't want you to stray away from me."

  "I won't." I said, remembering my weird heartbeat increase with Lancelot. "I'm yours anyways."

   "I know you are." He said, kissing the top of my head. "Let's just go to sleep because I know you're tired from this trip and you have another one with me soon."

  I was going to protest that I could stay up longer but I didn't want to argue with him so I decided to just be a good girl and follow his instructions. I'm loyal to Arthur.. Right..?

————————————————————

  I'm tempted to skip the whole transformation part but it does a heck ton for the story ;((

  Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter~! Please vote and comment and I hope to see y'all in my next chapter~!^.^*