Chapter 43: Refusal

Lucille's P.O.V.~

  The day that Arthur has decided to announce his marriage with Guinevere arrived and we both still haven't talked since then. I don't know if we broke up, but it felt like our relationship is either over or just put on pause. As for my outfit, I just decided to wear a rather plain white sleeveless dress, the length of the skirt stopping about five inches above my knees.

  "Why are there so many people here?" Terry asked, seeming mortified by people now. "It's so disgusting."

  "You can't leave until His Majesty makes his announcement." Kai said, touching Terry's shoulder which he jumps a bit from. "If you go back to your room now, it will be considered an offence to him, Xiao Terry."

  "I already told you not to touch me if you haven't washed your hands yet!" Terry raged. "Also, don't you dare call me Xiao Terry again!"

  "I think Xiao Terry sounds quite adorable." I decided to join into their conversation, to take my mind off the upcoming announcement. "We should all call him Xiao Terry, actually."

  I turned towards Lancelot. "May we call you Xiao Lan then?"

  "I don't mind at all, since a name is just a way to be distinguished from everyone else." Lancelot said with a happy smile and Kai gave an unhappy look to Terry.

  "Lancelot really is the best knight around because he doesn't complain about being called Xiao Lan." Kai said to Terry, who has an annoyed expression on his face.

  "Kai, I don't want to hear your nonsense stories." Terry said angrily, making Kai shiver for once.

  "But anyways, His Majesty has arrived everyone!" Kai exclaimed and I looked up to see Arthur walk up majestically to his throne. He seemed to be on a whole new level, where normal humans like me can't reach. The band was playing a beautiful tune, and I saw that Guinevere seem quite happy with her small male harem attending her.  Will this be my last chance to go enjoy a night with Arthur before he becomes an engaged man?

  I walked up to Arthur and mustered my courage.

  "Your Majesty." I said, making him flinch a bit due to the not familiar name that I called him. "Will you listen to my request?"

  "Speak of it." He replied and I gulped down my nervousness.

  "I will like to ask for a dance." I said and forced a smile on my face. If it's really going to be the end of our relationship, then I want it to end like this so that I have no regrets. I will finish the game normally and try to forget about my feelings about you.

  "Of course." He replied, holding his hand out and I accepted it. We stepped onto the ballroom floor and waltz around it like we owned the place, making it feel like it was just us two there. Unspoken words seemed to be exchanged through our eyes as we spun around.

  Sadly, the music came to a stop and I removed my hands from his.

  "Thank you, Your Majesty." I bowed to him and hurried away before he could see the tears in my eyes.

  "She dared to dance with His Majesty." A girl said loudly to her friend as I hurried by. "She really has some nerves to do so."

  "It's time for your announcement!" The King of Camliard exclaimed and I stopped immediately on my spot. "About the engagement!"

   "My decision is.." Arthur's eyes seem to immediately meet mine, like he knew exactly where I was even though I ran away. "I refuse this intermarriage and I apologize to do so."

  "Your Grace, the Princess is one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen and I respect her. As well as being your in-laws will be nice." Arthur said. "But God has already chosen someone more perfect for her instead of me, because I'm in love with another woman."

   "Arthur, is this your final answer?" The King of Camliard seemed outraged. "Where did you come up with such reasons?"

  "Father," Guinevere stepped in. "I might be one of the most perfect women in King Arthur's eyes but perfect does not always mean we match." 

  "Father, if he said something like that, it must mean God has a better match for me in the future." Guinevere continued and the King nodded like it all made sense. Arthur's eyes met mine once more and all I could see in it was happiness and freedom.

--------------------

  Why do teachers give so much homework on the first day of class..?

  Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter~! Please vote and comment and I hope to see y'all in the next one~!^.^*