Chapter 50: Kuai Shou

Happy fiftieth chapter~!

——————————————————

  Lucille's P.O.V.~

   It is Autumn now and Arthur's knights have increased tremendously and the court seems quite lively nowadays. Whenever there is meals, all the knights would gather in the dining hall to have a meal together.

  I always sat to Arthur, due to him and Lancelot pestering me to but the table I sat in was quite isolated from the other knights which excluded Lancelot, Kai, Terry, the Marquess, Gareth and Lamorak so I didn't really know the other knights. I thought it'd be awkward because I was the only female eating meals in the room with them but they always tried to include me to any conversations.

  "Lucille!" Kai called out from his side of the table. "You should come here and play King Bean with us!"

  Sighing, I walked up to Kai and grabbed a piece of bread from the tray he presented me and plopped it into my mouth. A sudden taste of favour filled it and I gasped with surprise.

  "Did you get the bean?" Kai exclaimed and I shook my head.

  "This bread tastes much better than normal." I said. "It's not as far as usual and even has milk in it!"

  "It really is delicious!" Lancelot said, taking another piece of bread.

  "That's because we have a new chef!" Kai exclaimed and Arthur looked amused.

  "Then, should we summon him here?" Arthur asked. "Let's summon him to see his face."

  After a short while, a young looking boy with purple hair appeared in front of us. The boy seemed quite nervous, but it was probably because it was the first time for him to meet someone so high up in power like Arthur.

  "Y-Your Majesty." He greeted Arthur by stuttering.

  "What is your name?" Arthur asked him and he looked to the side.

  "My name is Kuai Shou.." He said, still facing away from us.

  "Do you mind looking up?" Arthur asked and his beautiful blue eyes met mine instantly. He's more prettier then Guinevere-

  "It was Kuai Shou, right?" Arthur asked and Kai decided to speak up.

  "People call him that because he's so well trained at making food." Kai explained.

  "Your name is very easy to remember." Arthur looks at Kuai Shou. "Please do keep up your hard work with your great skills."

  "Thank you, Your Majesty." He quickly bowed then hurried away as another knight replaced his spot.

  "Your Majesty!" He got onto one knee. "There has been a report that an army of Saxons are at the river of Grande and coming to Camelot!"

   "Huh.." Arthur smiled at this and stood up, raising his glass of red wine. Everyone who was in the dining room instantly became quiet and awaited for Arthur to speak. "The moment of driving the Saxons out has come!"

  "Long live His Majesty!" The Knights cheered. "Victory to Britain!"

  Everyone seemed quite eager for the war, but, I think it was only me who felt a bit nervous about it.

  At Night~

  I have been called down to Merlin's room once again.

  "Lucille, you're here." He greeted me when I entered his room. "I have turned your staff silver so that it could endure some hits for you but once the silver is gone, you'd start getting hurt."

  "Alright, thank you." I said, taking the bow from him. "I'm just a bit worried about going to war."

  "You'll be fine." Merlin said, patting my head. "Just keep doing your best and the game will be finish before you know it."

  "But I won't be able to see everyone again though.." I said quietly.

   "Lucille, you got to remember that this is just a game." Merlin said. "This is just a game world."

  "Yeah, I know.." I said, and left the room without saying goodbye. The thoughts about leaving everyone made me quite upset and I found myself in front of the kitchen for some reason.

  The light in the kitchen was still open so I decided to take a peek in the room and found Kuai Shou still cooking.

  "You're still working hard?" I asked him, making him jump a little bit with surprise.

   "I've just been too focused on making a new dish." He replied and grabbed the plate of food. "If it's fine with you, will you be willing to try this?"

  "I'd be honour to." I replied and took a small bite of the food he made. "It's super delicious!"

  "I'm glad to hear that." He smiled. "Cooking has been my hobby from ever since I was young but my parents always disapproved of it."

  "I think you have a talent for it though." I said and patted his shoulder. "Your food can make people happy even if they were sad like me!"

  "Then, if you like, you can keep coming by to test out the food I make!" He exclaimed happily and I smiled back at him. I wish I was as happy as him making food..

  Time Skip~
  Day of the Battle~

   Winter has just begun as Arthur decided to station the troops at the Green River. I had some how convinced him that it was fine for me to go, but I could still see him hesitating and giving me worried glances every so often. I was with Lancelot, Kai and Arthur when news from the Front Lines reaches us.

  "Your Majesty." He said. "The leaders of the Saxon's army this time are Nirdersa and Camilo."

   "Who are they?" I asked Lancelot, who was lost in thought.

   "Nirdersa and Camilo are twins who practice ancient dark magic." Lancelot replied. "I did hear Camilo was more brutal and evil than Nirdersa though."

  "It doesn't matter who it is if we crush them." Arthur said optimistically. "It was Fate's will to face them and we must battle them, even if they're demons."

   "Lucille, I need you to follow me though." Arthur said, ushering me to walk beside him. I quickly ran to his side and we made way towards his tent.

  "Lucille, I told you this a billion times." Arthur started again. "But the battlefield isn't a nice place and I think you should stay back in Camelot."

  "But I can take care of myself!" I exclaimed. "I told you before, I'm going to protect you so I am going no matter what."

  Arthur sighed deeply. "Just don't stay out my sight then."

  "Fine." I said and he pulls me in for a hug, which also terrifies me that this might be the last one we'd ever have.

————————————————————

  I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter~! Please vote and comment and I hope to see y'all in the next one too~!^.^*