Chapter 17: Meeting a Self-Centered Sister

Lucille's P.O.V.~

"This castle isn't as big as yours." I scoffed at the sight of the White Castle which barely stood out against the falling snow.

"Well, we all can't be kings and princes." Arthur said, clicking his tongue. "Let's just get into the castle to avoid the cold."

"Oh, as well." He said, looking at me. "You are now my personal maid for this scenario or you'll be kicked out or thought of as my girlfriend."

"You make it sound like being your girlfriend is a bad thing." I laughed, feeling a bit salty. "Whatever then.."

"It's nothing like that-" Arthur looked flustered. "I didn't want it to sound that way."

"Wait, what?" I was gonna ask him why but we had already arrived in the castle and the lord of it, a plump short man in luxurious robes came to greet us.

"Hahaha- Welcome to our castle!" He cried, in a totally obnoxious tone. "Please come have dinner with us!"

"It would be a pleasure to dine with you." Arthur humbly said and the Lord smiled wider.

"Oh, that's right." He said, tapping his plump chin. "You haven't met my eldest daughter yet. Adana!"

A long red hair girl came down the long staircase. Apparently, she was pretty in some ways but I was trying to find her resemblance to the Lord. How is the Lord even her father..?

"Hello~" She said in a sultry tone which nearly made me choke with laughter. Maybe I shouldn't make Arthur be with this piece of trash-

"Good evening," Arthur said, kissing the back of her hand. "It's a pleasure to meet such a beautiful lady."

"The pleasure is mine." She replied, looking in his eyes. For some odd reason, they looked so fake and it seemed obvious.

Time Skip till Dinner~

And so, I was forced to watch Arthur and the rest eat the feast while I was standing and holding more food that they probably won't eat. This made me grow a new form of respect to the maids and to give the ones at home a pay raise.

Arthur, who kept giving me sympathetic glances kept flirting with the daughter, which made me wonder why the second daughter wasn't there.

"Sir," The Lord attempted to make a conversation with Arthur. "Did you buy your slave from another place?"

"She's my maid and yes," Arthur corrected him, his right eye twitching. "I got her for quite an expensive price."

"If you don't mind, why don't you sell her to me?" The Lord shamelessly asked. "I'll pay ten times more than her original price."

"Like I mentioned in the beginning," Arthur gave a somewhat pissed smile. "She is my personal maid, meaning she isn't for sale."

"And she should go eat while I'm still in a good mood with you." Arthur suggests which the Lord nodded to.

I shuffled silently to the kitchen, where a basket of fruits and bread greeted me. The maids were giving me odd glances, which I tried to ignore.

"I just saw Lady Adana and Prince Arthur head into the garden!" A maid gossiped loudly when she excitedly entered the kitchen. "They look so perfect together!"

Yeah, perfectly fake. I shook off that thought. Why should I care anyways? I should just go check on their progress instead..

"I can't believe our lady has a crush on him!" An older maid gushed.