Chapter 57: Guinevere's Return

Lucille's P.O.V.~

  Half a month later, Arthur and I were closer then ever since I practically saved him from getting slaughtered from the Saxons. I had gotten some more knights and farmers to help us, and managed to make Duarte run off with his men just after killing Camilo.

   This meant that the Saxons were over and that Arthur had finally won the war.

  And now, it's been a couple of days since I last seen Arthur after we came back to Camelot. I was staring out the window in my room when Kai comes bursting in.

   "Lucille, His Majesty wants to see you." He told me and I perked up.

   "Right now?" I asked him, somewhat excited. "Why?"

   "I'm not quite sure either." He said. "But follow me."

  Kai lead me to the front hall and we opened the door, revealing Arthur in full formal attire and all the knights on the sides.

  "Lucille, kneel down!" Kai whispered yelled and I decided to trust him for once and do so. I found myself in front of both Arthur and the Bishop.

  "Lucille, for your services during the last battle, I would like to appoint you as the Duchess of Balot." Arthur said, knighting me. "You must be kind to others as well as say what's on your mind but be humble at the same time."

  "Thank you." I replied, still confused and a bunch of older men came up to me.

   "My Lady, you're the first Duchess in history!" One exclaimed and his friend nudged him. "When His Majesty first proposed the idea, we all agreed."

  "Don't listen to those old guys." Kai stepped in and wrapped a shoulder around me. "They opposes this idea the most."

   "But, His Majesty was really determined to give this title to you." He said and I saw Arthur smile as well as wave to me in the corner of my eye.

  Time Skip~

  Shortly after my promotion, Morgan had announced that her friend, Princess Guinevere would be visiting the castle, which I sighed at the thought of another troublesome person joining us.

  I was lurking around the kitchen, trying to find something to eat when I saw the black cat once more.

  "Ah, it's you again!" I pointed at it and it nudges it's head against my leg. "Are you hungry too?"

  I looked around for some food, but all I could fine was an onion for some odd reason.

  "Sorry, I couldn't find any." I told it and it seemed really pissed off. The cat jumped onto the counter and began to furiously scratch the onion. I could feel my eyes water from just being around it so I took a step back.

  "Lucille, are you alright?" Lancelot caught me in the act of lurking around the kitchen for food. "Are you crying?"

  "No, the cat had been scratching the onion like crazy." I pointed to the now missing cat. "Oh, never mind."

  "You shouldn't rub your eyes though." Lancelot takes out a handkerchief and wiped the tears from my eyes. "It'll ruin your eyes."

   "You also look a bit down for the past few days." Lancelot pointed out, which I look away.

   "I'm just not feeling that well, that's all." I replied and he shook his head.

  "Is it the Princess's arrival that's annoying you?" Lancelot was dead on. "Is it because you think His Highness would be attracted to her?"

  "It's nothing like that." I replied. "She annoys me a bit, that's all."

   "That's good then." Lancelot said. "I was worried that you cared about her status and her looks like everyone else. She never will move His Majesty's heart like you have done so, as well as save him in his most desperate times of need."