Chapter 35: Stopping By an Inn

Lucille's P.O.V.~

"I think we should stop here for tonight," I said to Arthur when we arrived at a small clearing with white trees near the lake. "I'm so grateful that there's a stream here cause that means that we will reach town tomorrow."

Arthur stretched his hands and sat on a rock near by the stream. "Is it your turn to prepare a meal for us?"

I nodded. "I'm not really sure what to get though.."

"Since we have a stream, wouldn't seafood be the best choice?" Arthur asked.

"Well, I'll try my best." I said with a small sigh escaping my lips. "I can't guarantee that I'll catch anything though."

I slowly took off my stockings and waddled my way to the middle of the stream. There were signs of sea life in the stream but I was sort of scared because there could be a chance that something dangerous was living in it as well.

I tried to stay as still as possible, and surely enough some very idiotic fish swam towards me and I successfully captured them, tossing them to Arthur who had started a small fire to cook them.

"Would you want anything else other than fish?" I called out to him and he shrugged.

"Can you get some crabs if there are any?" He yelled back and I nodded, while my eyes searched the sands to find some crabs. To my surprise, there were also crabs coexisting in the stream and I had to use my wind magic to make sure that the crabs wouldn't hurt me while I sent them to Arthur.

A Bit of a Time Skip~

After the meal, Arthur lay next to me under one of the many white leafed trees. The weather had became quite windy, causing me to shiver from the cold.

"Are you okay?" Arthur asked me and I nodded my head hesitantly.

"It's nothing I c-can't handle.." I replied, mentally cursing myself for stuttering. We only had one futon, so once again, Arthur and I were sharing another bedding.

"I can help you with that," he replied with a soft tone and moved closer to me; his body radiating with heat. I could feel my body automatically move towards his and his arms once again hugged me to keep me warmer.

"You know," I said, snuggling into his chest. "I'm a bit worried about something."

"What is it?" He asked, caressing my head.

"I'm worried that I can't protect you enough for you to make it to Camelot." I told him and he laughed lightly.

"Silly," He poked my nose. "You have more scarier things to worry about other than that."

"Like what?" I asked him, closing my eyes since I was finally comfortable.

"Oh, it's nothing," He replied, as I drifted to sleep. "It's nothing.."

Time Skip to Morning~

I woke up with the sun being a meanie and shining straight into my eyes. Rubbing them, I realized that Arthur's head was actually resting on my chest.

"Wha- ARTHUR!" I yelled, pushing his head off and poor Arthur's head hit the ground without warning, causing him to wake up from the pain.

"What is it?" He asked, rubbing his head. "Is something wrong?"

"Why were you sleeping on my chest?" I asked him and he shrugged.

"I'm not the one who pulled me in to suffocate me in my sleep for once." He said, looking away. "If you were to blame anyone for this, it's ought to be you."

"Also," he added, smirking for some odd reason. "You make a really good cushion compared to the ground."