Chapter 28: Getting Out of the Party

Lucille's P.O.V.~

Everyone at the party continued to dance except me, for obvious reasons. The party in general was going pretty smoothly until-

"My jewels!" The snake, Guinevere cried. "They're missing!"

Serves you right.. I snickered.

"Are they in the floor?" One man asked. Another man shook his head. "I checked everywhere on the floor anyways."

"Your Majesty's earrings are priceless.. Therefore, I think they most likely have been stolen." Arthur deducted. "And if the earrings were really stolen, then the thief must still be here!"

Then he shook his head. "All the people dancing with the princess are culprits though."

"Guards! I command you to block the exit!" The King ordered. "To protect all the innocents, all people are allowed to be searched."

This took till about night and everyone, including me, was checked, however, the gem stones never showed up. The guards even searched everywhere in the castle but they failed to find it as well.

"My Queen Mother gave them!" Guinevere weeped. "If I known earlier then I wouldn't have wore them.!"

If you know it was worth that much then why wear it at all? That's pretty dumb.. But overall, the thief is still in here somewhere.

"Hey Kai!" I grabbed his sleeve. "Do you know about the characteristics of the gems?"

Kai, being that one gossiper, knew tons about it.

"Her earrings are an important treasure in the Kingdom of Camlann." He whispered to me. "I heard all the roses can be split and so it'll be easier to wear."

Wait.. Can split and wear them..? The thief probably split them then hid them.. So where could it be-?

"Ah!" A lady yelled, snapping my attention to her. It seemed that she slipped on something. "Wax candles are everywhere and I tripped on one! Tell the servants to clean it up!"

Judging from her position, she most likely slipped on one instead.. and wax.. candles.. gemstones..!

Suddenly, all the clues seemed to fit. I got who the culprit is!

"Your Highness, every corner has been searched so can I leave yet?" The Lady snapped at the King, who frowns at her tone.

"If it's like that.. Then Lady Solden may go." The King said but I interrupted him.

"Wait, your Majesty!" I called. "I think I solved the case! Just don't let anyone leave!"

The King didn't even hesitate to think and ordered the guards to prevent anyone from leaving again.

"So where is the gem stones?" He asked me and I smirked. I pointed at the table where Lady Solden slipped by.

"It's under the table." I said. "It was mixed with the wax in the candles."

A guard went to go check and sure enough, they were in his hands.

"How did you know that?" The King asked me.

"Well, the thief is terrible at hiding them and did a juvenile thing by hiding them under a table." I explained. "And the thief waited until the search to use the chaos to throw them under there."

"Then who took the gemstones?" He looked around and his eyes landed on Lady Solden.

"Lady Solden isn't the culprit." I said, shaking my head. "She was just unlucky and slipped on the wax."