Chapter 8: Just Not Famous

Start from the beginning

"Come on, you don't really need to," Christian said, resting a hand on her shoulder, "I mean, you're a great singer! You're too famous for that."

"Pssht, yeah I know but I just want to, okay? I actually kinda enjoy acting." She said, "How about you, Maddie? What are you famous for?"

"Uhmm... What?" I asked. Who said this series was supposed to be filled with experienced actors? "Aren't you famous?" Jasmine asked. I shook my head no.

Alfredo scoffed, "Nah, you are! We just saw you on Youtube just an hour ago from Niall! Come on, you're Youtube famous." He gave me a toothy smile. I shook my head, "Sorry! I'm just not famous. So if this is supposed to be filled with famous people, then I'm out!"

I ran to the staircase, hoping I can get to Nikole on time, but a hand grasped gently on mine. "No, stay with us," Jake said, tugging on my hand, "Alfredo can make you famous! Can't he?" He looked at Alfredo, who was paying no attention whatsoever.

"What?" He asked, putting a small pencil down on the desk, "Oh yeah, of course I can make you famous, Maddie!" I shrugged.

"I don't know, I mean," I said, trying to explain, "Jake, I would want to be famous but look at all the risks I'm going to have to take and the new challenges. I can't even bear the battles I am going through now! It's hard, Jake. I'm sorry."

"So you're just going to drop out now?" He asked, narrowing his eyes. Darn, why did he have to be so friggin cute like that? I sighed, "Fine, I'll do it! On one condition."

He looked up at me, "I'm all ears." I smiled, "If paparazzi or anything bad and exposing happens to me, help me through it all." He nods his head, "Deal!"

He then kissed the other side of my palm. Tingles shot through my body and I think I was just shivering right in front of him, as his hand is still holding mine. I looked away, blushing.

"Awwwww!" We heard the others coo. I stuck my tongue at them, laughing. Jasmine then said, "Come on, let's get to work now!" I ask, "What about Jansen and Moises?"

Jake shrugged it off, "They don't really need to be here right now, anyway!" Alfredo brought his Mac laptop, typing up something. "Alright," He said, "Here's the script you sent me and I made copies. I'll get them in a sec."

Two minutes later, he came back, handing everyone a small packet of papers. I looked at my lines, taking a highlighter, taking in the notes.

"Let's rehearse here for now at the table." Jasmine sat beside me, whispering, "Do you like him?" She asks. I shrugged, "Not really." She nudged my arm, expecting the real answer.

"Okay yes." I said, giving up, "I've liked him ever since, because I was, what he calls his fans, a Jaker and I still have a major crush on him! But I can't like him like that. I don't want paparazzi seeing that he is dating some weird chick."

"You're not weird," She said, "You're pretty, smart, kind, and talented! That's what he goes for in a girl." I smiled but then noticed something on her cheek. "Is that... A bruise?" I ask.

I smudged it a little and see that it was a big one, being covered in makeup. She widens her eyes, looking as if she was going to shriek any minute. I pull her up, "Jasmine and I are going to look for the bathroom. She needs help!" I said. "Wow, way to go, Maddie," I thought to myself sarcastically, "Great excuse!"

I pulled her to the bathroom, taking out my purse. "What are you doing?" she asks. I take out the makeup remover. Jasmine widens her eyes, "No no no! Put that away. I'm not wearing a lot of makeup except mascara, eyeliner, and little eyeshadow."

I ignored her words, gently smudging away the foundation makeup. A huge bruise veiled in front of me, almost taking over her whole face. A scar was on extending from the left side of her mouth. "Jasmine!" I shrilled. "What the heck happened?"

Tears started springing down her swollen eyes. "I-I- You wouldn't understand." She said. I put my hands on her stiff shoulders, which were tensed up, "I'm all ears, Jasmine. You can tell me anything! I'm not going to tell anyone."

"Promise?" She asks.

"Promise."

"Okay, so it was from my ex-boyfriend. He was beating me up last week because that's what he usually does. In our relationship, I get abused. God, I'm such an ass because I was still dating him at the time! Please don't tell anyone, Maddie. I'll do it myself somehow."

I nodded my head, "Of course I won't but quick question: you're not dating him now, right?" She shook her head, "I ran away from him. He's gone."

I sighed in relief, "Good! Or else I would've lectured the crap out of you right now. Now I won't tell anyone! I'll apply the makeup and just let it heal, okay? Here's my number if you need to call anyone."

I took out a little tissue from my bag, along with a pen and started writing down my number. I gave it to her, saying, "Don't worry, you're not alone. It happened to me before, but with my father."

She smiled sadly, "I'm sorry for that. Thanks, I'll definitely use this! I think we're going to hit off as great friends!" We both laughed before I started reapplying her makeup on.

Behind that smile, she sure does have a broken story taking over her, just like me.

***

A/N: lolololol i upload so early in the morning and I haven't even gone to sleep! It's........ 3:50 am right now. And I have to "wake up" at 6 am. Ahaha. Okay.