36: A Cuts Confidence

I needed these girls to hang out again ;) 

Amara

I hung up the phone with Esposito feeling the weight of my life. Even though the M8s were dead, something I should feel bad but didn't, I still have to go testify again. Reaper put all the stones in place so now there was no stopping it even though the men in prison wouldn't have a club to go home to. Rolling my shoulders, I remembered the leather cut I wore giving me a smile and a burst of confidence. Yeah, I am not taking this off for a long time. Shaking my head, I went back to Esposito's call, I have to be in the court in just a few days to stand up talking about those murders again. Will this never be over?

Moving around the kitchen I took out ingredients I need while wincing a bit. I didn't leave Ryker's room for a solid ten hours and I was feeling it. I bit my lip thinking about all the things we did, thankfully I was alone or I would finally blush about it. My movement stopped suddenly when I remembered something. From the whole, not killing me night I haven't taken my Birth control pills for two days.... But just because we went all night with no condoms while missing a few days of birth control doesn't mean I'm pregnant. Right? My hand moved to stomach at just the thought of carrying his child but it was too early to even think that last night could have me pregnant.

"I kissed Hamlet supper drunk and we can't get out of the weird awkward stage. We were plastered and I was trying to get over something on my mind so we kissed then he stopped, put me to bed knowing it wasn't what I wanted and it's still awkward! I feel like those southerners who marry their cousins, fuck why did I kiss him, I knew it wasn't going to change anything!" Doc said bursting into the kitchen looking at me.

Shaking my head, I went over to the counter to the two open bottles of champagne I had opened for baking pouring each of us a mug and handing her one. There's no way I am actually pregnant so I can drink? "Have you two talked about it?"

"No" She replied chugging the champagne as I stared mine, the stress of court pulling at me but the nagging voice of the pill circled my brain, "We just want to forget. But fuck it feels good to say that, I haven't told anyone. I just want my best friend back..."

"What were you trying to get in your head?"

She sighed leaning back into the chair looking or studying me. "I always work it's what I do... and living in a biker world can be tough as a chick just don't want to cause problems if I am not interested in who I should be in their eyes.... You okay?" She sat at the counter as I moved back to shave the inside a coconut for a cake.

I knew where she was going with that but since she changed the topic I let her drop it, for now I walked over and gave her a hug before walking back to the ovens. "Courts are bringing the men who killed my Dad up for appeal due to me being a questionable witness. And I keep having anxiety which is causing me to become dependent on Ryker though I have been better with Bella but still. Though at least I'm his Luna so I'm feeling secure in our relationship." I grabbed my phone turning on a party playlist and putting it on loud as Doc poured more alcohol, "I say you get drunk and we dance to forget about all the woes and when the others get here eat tons of cake. Also, since you are a Doc, I forgot my pill for two days and last night was unprotected..."