31: Brother

Ryker

Ryker

I ran my fingers down my face as I poured myself another cup of coffee looking over the files of inventory and map plans of the building where we meet with M8s tonight. It was silent in the bar, brothers who came in keeping quiet out of respect to me for what happened last night. I was grateful, needing the time to gather my thoughts so that I will be ready for the fight when it comes. The M8s needed to die and I can't do my job if I am stuck replaying last night. If any brother tried to talk to me they would be on their back with a broken nose before they could finish a sentence. I don't need their apologies, I need my woman back. I need to shed blood. It will be awhile before I can truly trust the club, despite their good intentions to protect Amara.

Nothing has been said of the final plan yet. Briac, Hamlet and Princess were going over final ideas with the Sorrentinos, I just knew the location where it will be. I should be in that room but my head wouldn't be focused just yet. I wanted to be in there plotting the demise of those bastards but Briac said I needed to get my head on straight first. Part of me knew he was right but fuck I want to be in there.

"You sleep?" I lifted my head to see Hunter walked over to where I was sitting, picking Bella up in order to have room in the booth.

Slowly I shook my head. I tried to get some sleep but every time I close my eyes the image of her in that empty grave and fake blood came to mind. It didn't matter that it was a fake execution it looked and felt real enough. Until I feel the heat of her body against mine, that image will be the only thing I see when I close my eyes.

A couple minutes went by where neither of us said anything. I didn't know how to start, I understand him wanting to keep my back safe from going crazy but he also terrified Amara and faked an execution for her. I though he betrayed me and in a way, he did, he could have told me or Amara at least to stop her panic attack in the car. She is alive I just need to focus on that... Not much to say to otherwise.

"Fuck I am sorry Ryker. I couldn't tell you before we did it. When Briac asked if I would do anything to ensure you didn't go cowboy and find a way to keep Amara safe I jumped in. I just wanted to protect Amara for you as you would protect Birdy. It killed me doing that to her but it was the only way." Hunter said making me close my eyes. "It kills me knowing how much you think I betrayed you. And her."

"I know brother. I know." I opened my eyes lifting my hand to grasp his shoulder to show I forgive him. And I did. He called out to me before Briac pulled the trigger so I wouldn't see it and even though it was painful, it was necessary. I just don't feel at ease until I have her in my arms and see that she is fine. "You did what you had too, though it may take a while for me to get back to normal about this."

"Didn't make it an easier watching you think we actually killed your woman or think that I would do that to you." Hunter voice broke at that. We have been brothers ever since we were children going through the same horrors and finding the same family with the Riders of Silence. If I was in Hunter position I would be feeling the same emotion that he would be.