11:Runnings of the Past

Sorry if there was allot of set up for this book, it just works with these characters and I don't want to rush them ;) 

Amara

I kept hitting the call button but the call went straight to voicemail not letting me connect to Detective Esposito. The second those M8s left the diner I booked it out of there, Birdy would go back to the club and be fine but I wouldn't be if they came back. I got lucky, too lucky that my face wasn't recognized that fast even with it being years and with my hair covering my face; I couldn't take that risk again. Nor let them trace me back to Ryker or other ROS, I would never forgive myself if they got hurt because of me.

Now the main questions: Where do I go? How do I go? Do I use a new name?

I ran out of there fast, grabbing my emergency bag I keep in the old stove at the diner in case of something like this happening and didn't look back. My steps were fast, trying to move as quickly as I could without drawing too much attention to myself in case M8s were still around. Truthfully I wanted to go to Ryker, have him take me away from this but if the M8s threatened Birdy, would the threats get worse when the M8s know who I am?

The thought of never seeing Ryker again hurt, he may have started as a customer who comes into the bakery but he became something else. But I don't even know his last name, thought I can tell you what he likes and doesn't like to eat, his exact taste palate. Really Drya? Taste palate will help you decide about Ryker? What is there to decide, yes he is most likely pretty badass with his Harley, leather jacket, MC and the knives strapped on him but the very idea that he could get hurt scared me more then the M8s. Oh just stop kidding yourself! You are falling in love with them man, he watched a baking show for you! Yet how can I bring him into a gun fight with his knives.

I was heading towards the station to take the next train out of here, I didn't care where it went as long as it wasn't north. The worrisome aspect about going to the station was that it was at the edge of the city, meaning that if M8s were going to hang around outside of the Riders' territory they could be around here. But I had to risk it.

As my feet pounded against the stones to the train station all I wanted to do was to turn around and go back to the diner or even look up the Riders of Silence hangout? Clubhouse? Lair? Den? What would he do if I just showed up? Would I be able to even tell him everything, if I showed up he would deserve just as much.

Hearing a loud commotion and the sound of a fist making continual contact I stopped in my tracks immediately hiding behind the corner of the building I was about to go around. As I slowly peered around the bricks my heart stopped, the M8s from before were angrily getting yelled at from two other M8s. I couldn't heard what was being said but it seemed be something along the lines of them being stupid for what they did to the Riders. Probably wasn't supposed to have threatened a biker's woman on their club on their own territory when you want peace it seems.

My hand to my mouth to stop myself from making a sound, my back pressed firm against the wall of the building as I thought of where I needed to go. Looking around there was nothing though, the street was wide, there was no alleyways nearby and the station was 500 yards away. There was no way I could run there and not be seen.