25: Gunpowder

Amara

Amara

I lifted the gun back up then fired, empting the magazine into the target. My aim wasn't perfect but I was getting there. Part of me wanted to be curled up with Bella right now but the other part needed to feel the power a gun had given me. I understood why Ryker had so many knives strapped to him, the object that used to cause fear to us is nothing anymore but the material its made of. The sound of an empty clip came to me when I remembered seeing my dad's dead body. I wasn't a fighter, I didn't want to be responsible for harm but I didn't want people here to think I was weak. Birdy is the first Luna and is talking about fighting pits while I am baking.

Lowering the gun, I felt him behind me. Taking apart the gun I walked back towards the armoury passing Ryker without a word; I shouldn't have a gun on we with whatever this talk is going to be. I have felt the tension in the clubhouse and I guess it has to do with me.

Placing the gun back in its rightful place I turned to look at Ryker who was standing there, studying me with an uncertain face unlike his usual calm.

"You know." He was the first to speak after the long minute of us staring at one another.

"Yeap. Esposito called telling me I need to go back to court in around a week to go against the M8s again and that things are heating up for your club. He thinks I need to get out of here and I agree. I have to head back to Portland which would get the M8s off your back." I muttered to him.

The fact that I had to go back to court to relive the murder of my father terrified me, to have to face those memories again. Some think that a bullet to the head may be a clean shot but they forget how it depends on the gun. How a bullet may go in with a small entrance but when it exits the whole back of the head explodes sending brains everywhere. Yeah pretty picture, now I have to go tell random strangers who are trying to set free the murders of my father about that picture. Not fun. But what terrified me more was if my position affects Ryker, leading to his head next to explode.

Ryker scoffed at me, throwing one of his knives into a wall. "They want to flush you out. And get off our backs? It's not just you in this war, it's also about us. I know the Mafia, I know MC wars, its where we get all this," he motioned his hands around the room to all the weapons, "You turned on the M8s, for all the Sorrentinos know you could send the dogs after them after you are involved with us, not to mention the M8s already think you are here in our turf."

"I just want out of this whole thing! I just want this to end. If I go to Portal-"

"It's not just going to end! This life ends bloody, fuck, you should get out of here and be far from this fight as you can and you can come back after it settles. You don't like fights I should never have brought you into it further. But I can't, Briac has ordered you stay here and he's right, I would rather you be in my arms knowing you were safe."

"Stay? I have to go back and I won't have you die because of me."

"Yes, I want you to stay! You're too innocent and should be away from this but I can handle the M8s, mafia and some fucking brothers." He ran his hand through his hair roughly as his finger twitched to throw a knife again.