30: Sorrentino

I don't speak Italian, I use google translate. I'm sorry if it is incorrect 

 I'm sorry if it is incorrect 

Amara

My head was pounding painfully. I tried to think back to what was the last thing I remember that could have caused this pounding. Hunter taking me, panic attack in car, graveyard, Ryker, gun, pain then nothing. Is this what death being then? I must be dead; there was a gun and my head is pounding so I must be dead.

Groaning I sat up putting my head in my hands trying to see if it would calm it down at all. If I am dead will I always feel this pain?

"Yeah you are going to be in pain." I jumped seeing a woman sitting in a chair near my bed, "There are some pain meds by the bed."

Nodding, I looked for the meds and took them quickly needing this pain to go away. My eyes blinking a couple times to see clearly around my room. I then looked back at the woman in front of me. She looked to be my age in mid-twenties with long black hair, an all-black outfit and a big ruby necklace around her neck.

"Did I die?" I asked her as she softened her face.

"Yes, the year is 2019. Welcome to the afterlife the name depends on what religion you follow." The woman said moving to sit beside me on the bed pushing my hair back from my face as her words settled in me.

"What? No no no I I can't be dead!" The woman started to laugh then shook her head.

"Mi dispiace. It was there and I had to take it," she chuckled, "you're not dead you just had a fake death. My cousin will explain it all when we go to meet him. Why don't you go shower Amara and I'll take you to him?"

Letting out a sigh of relief I got out of bed, gently swaying as my head was still throbbing. A million questions were running through my head but a shower sounds like the best thing. Walking into the bathroom I looked like I should be an extra in a Game of Thrones episode, my entire head was covered in blood and something that looked like brain bits but I jumped into the shower not even waiting for it to warm up as I didn't want to think about whether or not it was. I made sure to scrub my hair extra hard not caring I was pulling some of it out, I just wanted to make sure it was coming out of my hair. Thankfully there were new clothes in the bathroom to change into rather than my blood-soaked ones.

"You look much better." The woman said as I came out of the shower and she jumped off the bed.

"Thanks, feel better. Wait how do you know my name? Who are you?" I asked feeling more aware of my situation.

"Scusa, I'm Esperanza-Isabella Rosa Martinez Sorrentino. I know it's a mouthful. Con of having contract parents both wanting their lineages in the name." she shook her head rolling her eyes, "I am one of those who brought you back after your Biker club 'killed you'. Come we shouldn't keep my cousin waiting."

My eyes widened at her name. Sorrentino. My mouth forming an 'O' as I looked at her, "Well it's a pleasure to meet you. So... right, sorry my head hurts so it may take me awhile to catch on. Where am I? The Sorrentino houses?"