34: Open Arms

My dog and I survived  camping! No bears or people on the trails ;) Now I just have one tired happy puppy and a new update. Enjoy. 

Amara

Amara

My legs bounced uncontrollably as I sat in a passenger seat of the car that Tate was driving hearing him mutter in Italian. I don't know much about what has happened tonight only that Tate is bringing me back to the clubhouse. But I have questions! I need to know everyone is alright but just how do you ask a mafia guy questions?

"Fucking hell. Stop with that leg bouncing or you are walking." Tate said.

"Sorry." I muttered stopping the leg moving and instead wrung my fingers together in my lap. "Just anxious to get back." From Tate breaking the silence since the start of the car ride, my resolve to keep quiet was now broken. As my mind kept spinning about Ryker and Bella and every possible scenario where things could go wrong, I was going to ask questions.

"Hm." He said still looking annoyed at my fidgeting.

"I'm surprised you didn't go to the fight?" Almost all the men at dinner had went besides Tate who looked pissed that he was the one to babysit me.

"Got a bullet hole in my dominant shooting shoulder, wouldn't be any good." He took out his phone looking at a message making me grab it, placing it back in its original location.

"I don't care if your Mafia, I have survived a bounty, my man's club fake execution and I still have to go back to court against the M8's. I am not dying in a car crash because you text and drive."

"Gattino giù." He muttered turning into a neighbourhood I recognized being close to the ROS clubhouse. "Sono un autista eccellente." (Down kitten. I am an excellent driver.)

"I know you can't tell me everything about tonight but could you just give the spark notes?" I basically pled to him but I didn't care; I was desperate for information.

Tate let out a sigh glancing over to me then back to the road. "The M8's who showed up, which was basically the whole club, have been... disposed of. Reaper showed up like the fucking idiot he was and now we will be taking good care of him."

Staring at his face I was shocked that he had actually told me something, particularly the little hint that the riders and his mafia killed people tonight. "Really? Just like that the club is just... gone?" I should be happy, doing a stupid dance in the car or something but I wasn't. Maybe its shock? Shock this could be over and I could be at peace? That just one night could make it that simple?

Tate rolled his lip, "Mm. Still some roaches left but yes, for the most part the M8's are gone. Guess the rest is up to you. Enough questions."

I let my legs start bouncing again making him mutter in Italian as he pulled into the clubhouse lot. The whole parking lot was filled with Bikers and Mafia men as they were celebrating outside; a sight that I never thought I would see nor even imagine. My eyes immediately began surveying the area finding Ryker sitting next to Hunter, Birdy and Sorrentino men. The second the car stopped I felt my feet fly out of the car, my whole body moving fast to get to Ryker. Once I was a few feet away I see Hunter nudge Ryker nodding towards me. I didn't care how I look sprinting to my man but I needed to make sure he was okay after what ever really went down tonight. Even if I didn't know, I know Ryker and he would have been in the thick of the fight.