20: Night Piers

For those who guess Tatt to be the next Rider to find a luna, you were correct! But don't worry the other boys will meet their match soon. 

Ryker 

Ryker 

My arms wrapped tightly around Amara's body, my fingers threading through her hair as I stared at two swords I have hanging on the wall crossing. They were the first one's I got when I moved here. I guess I was being sentimental when I hung them up; the ones I learned to control my fear on. Yet we haven't moved out of this room all today, I haven't let Amara out of my arms.

Don't lose the grip on the handle. Don't get cut. If you lose it, you lose the club. You lose Amara. Hold the handle.

"What's going on in that head of yours?" Amara asked softly, lightly running her fingers up my face to my temple.

I sighed, "you know, my family had a tradition on Fridays. We would watch Jeopardy while making dumplings. Ha, mine would always fall apart but my mom would switch them out with hers to tell me mine were good and hers were the ones that fell apart. Dad would always over fill his, ha... You know that's the only memory I have of them left. I couldn't even tell you what they looked like."

Amara shifted resting her chin on top of my chest as her hands traced over my chest. "I have killed people Amara. I have helped... question people. But that. That loss of memory feels worse than those sins combined."

"Could Clary find any photos online for you?" She asked softly.

My eyes closed trying to think back to what they looked like but coming up with nothing I sighed opening my eyes, "not the same."

Her fingers curled around mine making me lift her hand and kiss the back of it "what else is going on? You haven't let me leave this room all day."

"You complaining?" I questioned raising my hand and slapping her ass hard making her jump.

She bent down biting my torso make my abs twitch, "no, but I am pretty sure I'll have bruises with how hard you held onto me... They know I am here don't they."

I pulled her closer to me, her legs tangling in mine, "they suspect you're in the territory. That's as much as I will say, I don't want you to worry about it. None of it." I knew once the words left my mouth it was wrong. It's like when someone says don't think about 'x' it's exactly what you do... Now telling someone with anxiety not to worry...

"Ry, I understand there will be club business you can't tell me but this concerns me." She sat up looking at me, "you can't expect me to not worry."

I sighed running my hands back through my hair, "I am just waiting on more intel, allot of moving pieces babe."

Amara shook her head making her get up and straddle me, her long hair covering her breast as my hands held onto her waist while my eyes wandered over her body. My body jolting when she smacked my chest, "Stop that. And tell me what else is going on in your head."