4: Flour to Blood

Hey! Thought I would upload a chapter tonight to give you a little insight into Amara =) 

Amara

Rain and fog covered me from wondering eyes as I held my breath; trying to keep myself from being seen as I looked around the house holding the cat in my arms.

Gang activity from the M8s was common but never near me. But there is Dad, why are M8s talking with my Dad he's a cop?

My body didn't move, was I supposed to move? Would they care? Would they tell me to keep quiet? I wanted to go to Dad but something told me not to move but we were supposed to be going on a trip. He texted saying we needed to leave?

The discussion looked to be coming to an end making me relax as they would be gone. The main guy looked back to his guys before turning back to my Dad. I watched as he grabbed a gun and shot him in the head, a scream coming out from my mouth making eyes fall onto me.

"DAD!"

The cat jumped from my arms as I spun around running as hard as my legs could take me but I found myself tripping over them in desperation. My body tumbling down a hill into something wet and hard. Looking down I could see bodies littering the bottom of the hill and blood covering every inch of me as gunshots rang.

My body jolted up, my breathing hitched as I tumbled out of my bed falling on the hard floor, my legs scrambling up towards the bathroom as I emptied what little in my stomach into the toilet.

With my stomach emptied I collapsed onto the cold tiles of my bathroom, memories swirling in my head, my body shaking. I felt so cold, so dead inside. I never thought about it or else it would consume my soul and I would break. Closing my eyes I focused on my breathing to calm down. I have no idea when this would end; the torments of memories and fear that I will be found.

I just want to be safe again, to be free to sleep one night, to be okay in the day time, instead of keeping to the shadows.

Getting up from the floor I walked over to my drawer taking out the burner phone checking for any voicemail messages.

"Yes, I am calling to confirm housekeeping sometime tomorrow or the day after for a full clean. I hope this late notice will be fine. The dogs will be out of the house at day-care so you won't have to worry. Good night."

Esposito's message came to a conclusion leaving me to stare at the phone thinking about what he wants to talk about. He always made a call to give me time to be around for a catch up once a month. The message in code in case his phone is tapped to make it seem as if he called for a maid, not me.

Sighing I knew what I would tell him; that I followed orders working at night, not seeing anyone with nothing out of the ordinary. However, in the times I have talked to him since being here and the times of seeing him in person I have not mentioned Ryker. As far as Esposito knows the only people I talk to are the ones I work with. Ryker is a secret. I can't very well tell the detective that I am talking with an MC Sergeant of Arms multiple times a week.