7: Trust

Ryker

Ryker

I spun my knife around my fingers for the millionth time as I sat on a couch watching Drya sleep, paying extra attention to the steady rise and fall of her chest to ensure she was breathing. She had passed out, her panic attack making her go limp in my arms from her not being able to breath and the terror she had felt towards the gun and M8 mention. I stopped spinning my knife and gripped the hilt tightly as I felt anger fill through me.

She was terrified of me. She thought even asked if I was going to kill her. Her! We went from joking around and talking about her baking to her now thinking I would be putting her six feet under. And that killed me. I have felt that fear before and she should never feel that again. I meant it when I said she was too good for this world, Drya was like a hand grabbing me as I drowned in the blood of this world. Too good for this world, the world I live in. But now it seems that she could also be drowning in something just as bloody that would the reason for her fear. That horrified whisper of 'M8'...

Shaking my head I got rid of those eyes, bringing back the ones when she is joking in the bakery or excited about a new recipe. 

When she passed out she was by her house so I took her key and brought her in placing her on her bed, sitting on a couch and waited for her to wake up. Prospect had stopped by feeling bad for this happening since he was a fucking idiot and took out a gun even after I told the brothers she is jumpy.

"She up yet?" I jumped up grabbing the person who just spoke shoving them against the wall as I threw my knife, "Woah there brother, fuck. I know your pissed but damn usually it's me who's out of balance not you." Hunter said raising his hands.

"Fuck, sorry didn't hear you come in." Stepping away I released Hunter as he looked at me cautiously while slowly nodding. "And no she hasn't" I sighed sitting back down leaning my head back focusing on making sure she was breathing right.

"Princess has been checking her name... she doesn't exist but if she is running from the M8s then-"

"Wit pro." I said softly dreading that being the case but her reaction, fear, burner phone and Princess not finding her then it would make sense. All those thoughts that I should keep her out of this life were meaningless, she was already deep in it.

"Probably. If it a serious case then a department may give them papers and let them choose where to go preventing a department leak. Let me know if you need anything when she wakes up." I looked over at him nodding in silent thanks, "you alright?"

I just sighed, "I fought against her for so long seeing her innocence and distance from this world only for the possibility of her being mixed in with M8s... Not sure what the best course of action for this is. Which I don't like. Plus I finally got her to trust me and that look in her face last night..."

"Sorry about that brother Birdy found out and ripped a new one at them for that. But take it from someone who fought against their girl for a bit, don't. You've been into her since you first saw, don't fight it, it would only make your and her life hell." Hunter finished giving me a nod and heading out of the room.