He Sees Your Scars.

He Sees Your Scars.

Calum: I snuggle up to Calum's side as he lies on his back. One of his arms wrap around my waist as the other moves under my shirt, softly rubbing over my stomach. I smile as I look up to him, his eyes closed as he rests, his hand still rubbing circles on my skin. I trace the tattoos on his chest, admiring the detail engraved onto his skin. "I love you." I murmur, stopping my moments and wrapping my arms around him. "I love you too." He whispers, his voice slightly raspy. I close my eyes feeling tried by Calum's warm touch. Just as I feel on the verge of falling asleep, Calum's slowly rolls my shirt up and sits up beside me. I grumble and rub my eyes, confused at what Calum's aim is. He leans over me so I can't sit up, his fingers running along my side. As soon as I realise what he's doing, I push his hand away, roll my shirt down and sit up in panic. "Y/N?" He asks as he takes hold of my wrist firmly. "Yeah?" I ask back trying to act as if I don't know what's happening. "Let me see." He says. "See wha-" I begin but he quickly cuts me off. "Don't." He interrupts. "Just lift up your shirt a little. Don't hide from me." He repeats as he stares into my eyes. I look away in shame, dropping my hand as he cautiously rolls up the right side of my shirt. His eyes scan over the scared skin of my side, his cheeks seeming pale as he does so. He let's go of my shirt and moves his hand up, tilting my face to look to him. "Why?" Is all he seems to be able to say. "Why?" He repeats, his voice sounding more heartbroken then I thought possible. "I'm sorry." I whimper as tears begin to fall. He lifts his hand up to my face, his thumb wiping away my tears. "I'm here."

Ashton: "Ashton stop." I giggled as he continued to poke at my sides, tickling me as he does so. "Never." He teased, grabbing my hands from behind me and holding them so I couldn't get free. I try to ignore the pain as he holds down on my wrists but I try to pull them from him so he will let go. Of course, he thinks I'm playing along with him. Too naive to realise what I'm hiding. I inhale a sharp intake of breath and stop pulling, closing my eyes shut due to the pain. "Y/N?" Ash asks, turning me around when he realises that I'm in pain. I take my hands from his and gently rub along my left wrist. "You okay?" He asks as he looks at me with concern. "Yeah, fine." I tell him, faking a smile. "Did I hurt you?" He asks sadly reaching out for my wrist. I flinch away as he does so, trying to cover it up with another 'I'm fine'. "Let me see, sweetie." He coos, becoming worried and slightly suspicious. "Ash, don't worry. I'm fine!" I repeat as he tries to pull me towards him. He grabs my hand and rolls up my sleeve, probably expecting to see a bruise forming. His face falls as he see the fresh cuts on my skin, his grip on my hand loosening until he lets go. "I'm sorry." I whisper as I stand before him, shaking slightly. He looks up at me, tears brimming in his eyes as some fall down my cheek. My breathing is fast and I struggle to calm myself. "Please don't leave me." I beg as I look into his eyes. A tear escapes his eye as I speak and he pulls me tightly to him. He rests his head on the top of mine as I begin to cry softly. "I would never leave you." He whispers to me, kissing the top of my head over and over.

Luke: I pace around the living room, thoughts rushing through my mind every second. As Y/N fell asleep on me last night, her shorts raised up just enough for me to see the tip of red scratches covering her skin. I pulled them up a little more, carefully as she was still sleeping, to see multiple scars covering both of her inner thighs. I had to stop myself from crying, afraid that I might've woke her so I pulled the covers over us both and hugged her tightly to calm myself. She left this morning before I woke up, leaving me to find the words to say, waiting for her to come home. I hear the sound of keys as she opens the front door, followed by the closing and her footsteps. "Hey Lukey." She sends me a warm smile as she sees me standing in the lounge room. "Y/N?" I call as she sets her things down. "Yeah?" Calls back. "Can you come here please?" I ask, not long before she makes her way in front of me. I motion for her to sit down and I do too, turning to face her. I avoid eye contact, scared that I will shove the thoughts to the back of my mind and pretend none of this happened for a while. I take her hands in mine and keep my head down as I replay my words over and over in my head. "A-are you breaking up with me?" She stutters sounding like she might cry. "What? No, it's nothing like that I swear." I am quick to reply. She sighs deeply, obviously relieved with my response. "What is then? Is everything ok?" She asks me, trying to look into my eyes. "I don't think it is." I reply honestly, the pit in my stomach growing. "Luke, speak to me." She whispers, her voice giving away her fear. I take a sharp breath in before speaking. "Last night when you fell asleep," I begin. "I saw some things on your legs." I say, her eyes leaving mine and looking away. "I know what they are and I know you know what I'm talking about." I inform her, keeping my focus on her to make sure she's handling this alright. "I just want to make sure you're ok." I speak, leaving it there waiting for her to add on. A few tears fall down her cheeks and I am quick to wipe them away, afterwards tilting her chin up for her to look at me. "I'm getting better." She tells me so brokenly. I nod in reply, waiting for her to continue. "I'm just not ok." She admits. I let go of her hands, instead, wrapping my arms around her and pulling her onto my lap. She hides her face in the crook of my neck and I place a hand on the back of her head, keeping her near to me. "I'm going to help you, sweetie. I don't want you hurting yourself."

Michael: You lay on top of Michael's chest as he wraps his strong arms around you, occasionally playing with your hair. One of his fingers trails up and down your arms, a soothing feeling coming from the action. You listen to Michael as he begins to tell you stories from his childhood, closing your eyes and just relaxing at the sound of his voice. You mumble replies, laughing every now and then as he shares his embarrassing moments with you simply enjoying each other's presence. He begins to play with your bracelets and wristbands hanging on your left wrist, giving him no second thought about it. He stops talking but you're too tired to realise that the conversation hasn't ended. "Y/N?" He softly speaks your name. You murmur a faint reply, keeping your eyes closed. "What are these?" He asks sadly, causing you to open your eyes. You look to him then to your hands, your smile dropping instantly. He's moved your bracelets up so he can now see the fading scars which you have been covering. You just stare at your hands, unsure what to say as Michael mirrors you. "Have you stopped?" He asks after a while of silence. "Yeah." You tell him, your voice not clear to any certain emotion. "Is it still hard?" He asks again. "Everyday." You reply, staring blankly at the wall, resting your head back on his chest. He speaks up again after letting another silence pass. "Do you need me to help you?" He asks, not time needed to think. "Yes." You whisper to him, breathing in his scent, trying to feel close to him. "I'm right here baby."

28/10/14

A/N: I was in no way trying to romanticise self harm nor do I ever intend to, I just believe that they have just as much right as everyone else to be loved, and that maybe some people (not everyone I don't want to stereotype/archetype people) need loved to be shown in different, more cared, thoughtful ways.