Cheater.

Cheater.

Calum: Calum was a good guy and he didn't deserve to hear what I was about to tell him. I knew it would hurt him but I couldn't keep it from him any longer. I tried to forget what I did, I tried to make it up to Calum even though he didn't know what had happened, but I couldn't live with my self anymore. He seemed distant the moment I sat him down, explaining to him how I need to talk to him. I guess my shaky hands and my hurried breathing let him know that this wasn't going to be something good. "What is it?" He asked me, an unreadable expression on his face. I stopped my pacing and turned to face him, biting down on my finger nails nervously. "Y/N, what's happened?" He pushed, standing up from he couch and taking a step forward. "Calum, I'm sorry." I began with feeling my eyes grow heavy with tears. I could see him tense up along with the fear which became evident on face. "What did you do?" He asks me, his voice weary. "I never meant to hurt you, Calum." I quickly told him, putting out all these sorry words hoping that he would listen to them and take them in before I told what I had done. "F@#king heck Y/N, just tell me what you've done!" Cal yelled at me, destructively knocking the glass vase off the coffee table so the shards landed around our feet. I took in a deep breath knowing that I would never feel ready to tell him, but I knew I had to. "I cheated on you, Cal." I whimpered out. I watched as the colour drained from his cheeks and his hands circled up into fists at his side. His eyes became somewhat darker and I felt scared to keep mine in contact with them. "I am so, so -" I began but he cut me off. "Don't you f@#king dare." He spat at me. "You think sorry's going to fix this!? You think sorry's going to fix us? It's going to fix everything including this home we have together?" He cried to me, letting me watch as tears streamed down his cheeks. "I love you, Y/N." He spoke so slowly that I could hear the pain in every word, his voice cracking as he did so. "I love you, Calum." I promised him but it seemed as if my words just made him angrier. "No you don't." He spat words out once more. "If you did, this wouldn't have been happening . If you did, you could've waited for me."

Ashton: How do you break the love of your life's heart? Or how do you tell him that you already have? For a while I told myself to not think about it, to let it completely vanish from the back of my mind. But it seems like the only thing I can think about nowadays and I just can't live with myself anymore knowing that I'm hiding this from him. 'He's going to leave me. He's going to walk out that door and never want anything to do with me ever again.' I remind myself. 'Its over.' As if on cue, the front door unlocks and Ashton steps inside from the coldness. He smiles at me quickly before he kicks his shoes off and heads into the bedroom. I stand up from the sofa and follow after him, wiping my sweaty palms on the side of my jeans. Shakily, I lean against the doorframe and watch Ashton as he pulls his jeans off and changes into a clean pair of trackies. "Like what you see?" He jokes when he catches me staring. I break from my thoughts and cough a little, feeling a sudden lump start to form in my throat. I mumble something incoherently earning a quite chuckle from Ashton and it makes me realise how much I'm going to miss his laugh. "Ash, I need to talk to you." I stumble slightly on my words just as he's about to walk past me and out of the bedroom. He stops himself and steps back, his eyes scanning me as if he's trying to guess what I want to say. "Everything ok?" He asks me, his hand gently taking hold of mine, interlocking by our sides. I walk over to the bed and sit down on the edge of it, Ashton following my lead. I lower my head into my hands and pull at my hair in frustration, looking back up at Ashton seconds later with tears brimming in the corners of my eyes. "Hey, what's wrong?" Ashton coos, his eyes trying to meet mine but never quite catching my gaze. I sit myself up and inhale a deep breath, wiping under my eyes, Ashton's hand falling from my arm as I do so. "Whatever it is, it's ok. I'm right here." He tells me and I feel the weight on my shoulders fall to my chest. "It's not, Ash." I whimper, unable to contain my emotions. "What is it? What's wrong?" Ashton asked me, a trace of fear in his voice. I look up to him and his eyes search mine for an answer. I sit there, my body trembling slightly as I open and close my mouth, struggling to form any words. "Y/N..?." Ashton asks me, his hand resting firmly on my shoulder. "I, I cheated on you." I stutter the words out, nothing hurting more than seeing the look on his face. He quickly removes his hand from me and stands up, backing away in disgust. His eyes shift around the room quickly as he blinks back tears, no doubt struggling to think clearly or make sense of things. "It was a mistake, I-" I try to explain, try to come up with something that will make him listen to me. "No." He spits, shaking his head in disbelief. "No." He repeats once more, continuing to shake his head. "You were the mistake." He mumbles just loud enough for me to hear. I take his words and repeat them over and over in my head, in that moment wishing to never think differently of myself. "I'm so sorry." I cry out. He looks back towards me, tears spilling from his eyes he moment he does so. "I love you, Y/N." He tells me, his voice cracking as he says my name showing how painful it is for him to say that. "But you don't do that to someone who loves you." He speaks, his voice emotionless, but his face showing otherwise. Before I knew it, Ashton was walking past me carrying a bag of his things on his shoulder, surely adding to the weight which lies upon him. "Ashton please." I beg as I reach out to him and pull on his arm, trying to stop him from leaving. I turn him around and plea to him, muttering apologies over and over. He's completely out of it like you are just when you're about to faint. He shrugs off my hands and tries to pull himself away from me but I refuse to let go. "Let go." He tells me, suddenly coming back into reality, a more angrier one at that. "Ash." I cry again. "Get off of me!" He yells at me, pushing me roughly until my back hits the wall. I whimper at the impact, looking at him, shaking in fear and heartache. He stands there angrily, no sign of guilt on his features as he keeps his gaze on me. Once more he picks up his bags but this time he walks out the door. I run after him again, crying his name as he hurries into the car and reverses out the drive. I fall to my knees and watch as he drives away wondering how I could ever have let him go.