Photograph. || Song Preference.

Calum: "Loving can hurt. Loving can hurt sometimes, but it's the only thing that I know." || I sat on my bed, holding Y/N close to me as she continued to cry her heart out. Her jerk of a boyfriend got caught kissing another girl and Y/N watched the whole thing come crashing down. "You're still cold." I whisper as she continues to shake. I disappear for a few seconds only to return with a few extra blankets to wrap around Y/N. She whimpers as I place them around her but I know she'll get sick if she doesn't warm up. Running through the dark streets of the night as it rains, heartbroken and searching for me. I sit back down next to her on the edge of my bed. Her mascara has smudged and her eyes are bloodshot. "It's going to be ok, Y/N." I whisper to her as I try to comfort her. "He, he c-cheated on me." She cries. "I know, Y/N. I know. You're much better without him." I tell her. "You deserve someone who loves you and sees how amazing you are." She looks up at me as I talk to her. "You really think so?" She asks, her voice coming out soft and weak. "I know so." I reply, my fingers gently running up and down her arm in a soothing manner. "I thought I loved him." She mumbles as she takes her eyes off of me. I look down at her to see her heartbroken state. So fragile and delicate, looking as if she might break. "Maybe you did." I tell her. Just like I love her.

Ashton: "When it gets hard. You know it can get hard sometimes. It is the only thing that makes us feel alive." ||
"Y/N, baby, please don't cry." Ashton comforts you as he pulls your head to his chest. "Everything has been really hard lately and I've just been struggling so much." You admit to him, finally opening up. "Why didn't you tell me? I would have helped." He asks curious. "Because I never tell anyone." You mumble hoping he doesn't hear you. "I know, Y/N. But you need to start trusting people. You need to start trusting me." He whispers in a tone of sadness. "I've been let down so many times before by people who told me I could trust them." You say, giving him a reason for your fear. "You're saying you think I'd let you down?" He asks, his voice with a tone of hurt to it. "I'm saying I wouldn't be able to take it if you did." You correct him. "Well you don't need to worry because you know I'd never let you down." He promises you but he gets no response. "Y/N." He sighs in sadness. "Don't. Don't promise me you won't hurt me because it's inevitable. Everyone does. The promise it what hurts the most." You reject him. "Y/N, feeling sad or hurt is not something to be ashamed of. You are alive to feel. It's what make you alive. Feel, Y/N. It doesn't matter if pain is the only thing you feel as long as you let yourself feel. It can get hard sometimes but you'll be ok. Everyone feels sometimes."

Luke: "Hearing you whisper through the phone, 'wait for me to come home'" || My phone rings from beside me and I instantly answer it without checking to see who's calling. "Hello?" I ask into the phone. "Hi babe." Luke's tired voice calls through the phone and I smile as I hear him. "How's everything?" I ask as I lie back down onto my bed. "It's going good. I just woke up." He laughs. "What's the time over there?" He continues. I look over to my alarm clock and read the time. "It's half past eleven at night." I say as I try to get comfortable under the quilts. "Oh, sorry. Did I wake you?" He questions, his voice sounding guilty. "No, no." I tell him. "I'm not even tired." I lie as I let out a yawn. I hear him laugh at me through the phone causing me to smile. "I'll let you get some sleep." He tells me. "No, wait!" I quickly stop him. "I miss you. Please don't go." I whisper to him. "I miss you too," he whispers back "and I'm sorry it has to be like this." He adds. "I know. Me too." I reply in a hush voiced. There is a moment of comfortable silence but it is broken by a light whimper falling from my lips. "Y/N, baby." He coos through the phone. "No, it's ok. Sorry, I just." I stop him but I don't know the words to say. "I just really need you and I don't know how long it will be until I see you again. I'm not going to keep you; I know you're busy. Don't worry about me. I love you Luke." I tell him as I force a smile onto my face as I dab at the tears under my eyes. "I love you too. We'll see each other soon, I promise. Wait for me to come home, Y/N. You'll be with me soon."

Michael: "Inside these pages, you just hold me and I won't ever let you go. Wait for me to come home." || I reread over all the messages Michael has sent me, the good and the bad. Every 'I love you', 'I miss you', every single word and every single confession makes me miss him even more. A sob erupts from my lips, causing my whole body to shake with heartache. I drop my phone onto my bed and walk over to a chair in the corner of my room which all my clothes are chucked onto. I pull Michael's top towards me and I change into it, feeling comforted by the trace it leaves behind of his scent. I keep his shirt tightly around me and continue to sit on the bed and read our old conversations. I gave up hours ago on trying to stop myself from crying when I realised it wasn't going to happen. My heart stops by the sight of Michael's number flashing onto my screen. The faith I held onto, knowing he would make me feel ok. The chance that he would call at the time I needed him the most. "Michael?" I cry as soon as I accept the call. "Y/N? What's wrong?" He asks instantly worried when he hears my voice. "I need you Mikey. I can't be without you." I whimper as my breaths begin to come out short and troublesome. "Y/N?" Michael asks again as he hears my struggle. "Michael. I can't. Breathe." I choke out, panic rising every second. "Calm down babe. Listen to me." He speaks into the phone. "Y/N? Listen to me." He instructs me as my panic attack begins to worsen. "You can breathe Y/N. I am right here, listen to my voice. Breathe - in, out." He repeats as I manage to calm myself down. "I need you to hold me, Michael." I tell him, my voice sounding cold and depressed. "I won't let you go. Wait for me to come home." He replies. "I will Michael." I tell him. "I will." Referring to waiting for him as I have been for the past four months. I always wait for him.