Car Crash.

Car Crash.

Calum: The phone dropped from your hand, hitting the cold wooden floor, breaking the screen into pieces. You panicked as you scrambled for your cars keys, grabbing them and rushing out of the house as fast as you could. You reversed out of the driveway and sped to the hospital, skipping several red lights on the way. "Please be ok. Please be ok." You whispered as tears fell from your eyes. You pulled up to the hospital and eagerly castes your eyes around as you looked for a place to park. Once you hopped out of the car, you ran inside as fast as your legs could take you. Your frantically wiped the mascara away which was running down your cheeks. "C-can you p-please tell me w-what room Calum Hood is in p-please?" You cried out to the lady who was working at the desk. "What relation to him are you?" She asked as she began to type his name into the system. "I'm his-" You began but was cut off. "Y/N?" Ashton called as he spotted me. You quickly spun around and almost broke down when you saw his face. You rushed into his arms, not a care about what you looked like. "W-where's Calum?" You sobbed heartbroken. "He's this way. Come on." Ashton informed you as he led you down the hall. You stopped outside his room door and were instantly pulled into Luke's arms. "He's gonna be ok." Luke whispered, holding you tightly. "He'll make it through this." He promised you.

Ashton: "Ash?" You whispered half-heartedly as you knocked gently upon the door frame. He looked up from his phone, a smile resting on his features. "What's up?" He asked. "Umm..." You stuttered, unsure of how to break the news to him. He began to frown and he motioned for you to come over to him. You sat beside him on the bed, head down and eyes not daring to look into his. He placed his hand on the small of your back, tension now thick in the room. "Y/N?" His voiced cracked. "What's happened?" He questioned becoming more and more concern by the minute. "Ash, you've got to promise to not freak out too much, ok?" You began. "I can't promise anything." He replied as he set his eyes on yours. "It's Lauren..." You spoke, a moments silence following after. He tensed up instantly and his hand fell from your back. "What's happened?" He repeated the words he asked only a minute ago. "She was with her friends and, and they were in an accident." You told him. Your heart broke as you watched the tears fall effortlessly from his eyes. "I-is she ok?" He whimpered. "I don't know." You whispered. "We need to go see her." He panicked as he ran out of the room. You inhaled a deep breath and mustered up the courage to chase after him. Despite how heartbroken the two of you were, you knew Ashton needed someone right now and you knew you were the person who had to be with him.

Luke: "Luke, calm down!" Calum yelled as him and the boys tried to figure out why Luke had suddenly lost it and began to hyperventilate. "Luke, mate, what's happened?" Michael asked concerned as Luke began pulling at his hair. "It's Y/N." He chocked out. The boys all shared a look of worry before turning their attention back to Luke. "What about her?" Michael asked. "She was in an accident." He whimpers as he tries to push past Calum. "She was on her way here and she got in a car crash. That's why she never showed up before we went on." He explains. The boys all sigh in realisation, now understanding Luke's sudden panic. "Alright, we should get you to the hospital then." Ashton speaks up, comforting Luke as he walks over to him. "What if she doesn't make it?" Luke asks. "She will buddy. She'll be ok." Ashton ties to soothe him. "But what if she doesn't?" Luke asks again, the fear stronger in his voice. "Then we'll be right here. But don't think about that. She's going to be ok."

Michael: "Any more news?" Luke asks as he walks back over to us. I shake my head in response as Luke passes my coffee to me. I lean back in the plastic chair, resting my head against the wall. I watch as people walk in and out of the hospital, families crying in defeat and others in relief. Several minutes pass by and Y/N is finally wheeled back into her hospital room. I instantly stand up and rush to her room but one of the nurses pushes me away. I lean against the door, peering in through the window to try and catch a glimpse of her. Calum stands up and walks over to me, giving me a reassuring pat on the back. Ash and Luke disappear down the hallway and I stand beside Calum anxiously awaiting the news. Y/N's doctor exits her room and gives Calum and myself an unreadable smile. "How did the surgery go? Is she any better? She's going to be ok, right?" I shoot the question out, not giving the doctor any time to comprehend what I asked. he sighs before motioning for me and Calum to take a seat. A feeling of worry overwhelms me as I wait for the doctor to speak. "Head injuries are a very serious thing." He begins to notify me. I nod and nod again, anticipating the results. After rambling on about side effects or rating about the surgery, he finally delivers the news. Tears roll down my cheeks and Calum pulls me in for a hug. The doctor leaves and gives us some time alone. "She-she's in a coma." I sob. "Calm down, buddy. She's strong. She'll make it though this." Calum assures me.