Hip Hop Romeo and Juliet

The groans of the young married couple replayed in Kaycee's mind as she heaved over the toilet for the third time that morning.

No. That couldn't be it.

She mumbled a swear as she remembered her rehearsals that day. She had a long day of Juliet rehearsal ahead of her.

"Sweetie?" Sean asked, kneeling beside Kaycee.

Tears had now started dripping down her cheeks. "I think I'm done." Kaycee spoke, her voice hoarse.

"Honey, I think we need to take you to the doctor. You're never this sick." Sean sat by her.

Kaycee pulled her knees to her chest. She waited for the toilet to finish flushing before speaking. "No. No. James was ill earlier. I've been kissing him... he's Romeo."

"Kayce, I've never seen anyone this sick. Please, will you go for me?"

Kaycee frowned. "Can I see how I feel after rehearsals?"

"If you're sure you're okay to do them." Sean kissed her forehead.

~~~~~

Kaycee showed up to her rehearsal for a hip-hop dance version of Romeo and Juliet. She still felt ill, like she could throw up at any moment.

"Ready?" Her stage Romeo, James, asked right before rehearsals started.

"Yep!" Kaycee forced her best smile as the music came on.

Most of rehearsal went alright. They'd run the whole seventy five minute show three times already, and were midway through the fourth run.

Kaycee breathed her way through her nausea, dancing as well as she could. On the outside, she was sure that she looked fine, but on the inside, she was trying her best to not throw up in front of everyone, as she waited for her offstage break.

Once she finished her scene and James went on to the scene where he fought Tybalt, Kaycee bolted to the studio bathrooms.

Right as she slammed the door shut, she immediately started to viciously vomit over and over again. She thought she was done and alright until the room started to spin, and her vision went black.

"Where's Kaycee?" The dancer playing the maid for the Capulets asked when Kaycee didn't come on for her next scene. "I'll go look for her."

The dancer ran into the bathroom, and called for Kaycee, her breath getting caught in her throat when she saw Mrs. Lew laying, stiff and pale on the cold bathroom tile.

"Kaycee?!" She shouted, though she didn't respond.

~~~~~

Kaycee woke up to the sound of beeping. She opened her eyes, shocked at how bright all the lights were. Once she oriented herself, Kaycee saw Sean sitting beside her, his eyes red and puffy with tears.

"Sean?" She asked, her voice raspy. "What's happened? Am I alright?"

Kaycee sat up, gasping at the pain that wrapped around her abdomen.

Sean gripped onto Kaycee's hand tighter, debating if he should tell her or not. He knew she'd rather hear it from him than a scary doctor.

"Sweetheart?" Sean rubbed her knuckles and kissed her hand. "You...you were pregnant. Really early on, but, Honey...you...we lost the baby."

~~~~~

Pt 2?