New Recipe

"What are you reading there?" Kaycee asked, coming up to Sean, who was looking very closely at something on his phone screen.

"Oh, just a new recipe." Sean blushed softly as he put his phone into his back pocket. "I was making sure I had all the ingredients."

"Ah, I see. What are you planning on making?"

"Roasted asparagus and mushroom carbonara." Sean told Kaycee, and her eyes widened.

"Oh my gosh, that sounds amazing! I'd kill for that right now! Especially because it's being made by you." She playfully winked.

"Dork." Sean shot at her before getting back on topic. "See, I was going to make spiral cut zucchini pasta, because we're trying to be healthy here, but..." Sean chuckled. "But Gabe told me that that was "way too suburban soccer mom" of me, and I totally agree." Both dancers hunched over in a fit of laughter.

"What's the occasion for all of this?" Kaycee asked, following Sean out to his car. He always took her home from the studios, even though she could easily drive herself, but his gesture to take her back to her apartment was so sweet.

"I was planning on having some friends over tonight, and I wanted to make them something good." Sean smiled.

"Oh, am I invited to this fiesta?" Kaycee joked.

"I wouldn't call it a "fiesta", since nothing about what we're doing is Mexican, but I haven't decided who I'm bringing over yet." Sean explained.

"Oh. Well, if I don't make the cut, then save me some of that dinner."

"Will do." Sean laughed. "Will do."

~~~~~

Once Kaycee was dropped back at her apartment, Sean made a beeline to the grocery store, picking up all the necessary ingredients for the dish he was preparing tonight.

"Seems like you're making something fancy." The cashier at the store asked Sean as she examined his groceries, complete with a bottle of red wine.

Sean chuckled gently. "Yeah, we could call it fancy."

The cashier finished bagging Sean's groceries. "Well, good luck. Don't go catching anything on fire." She joked.

"I won't." Sean smiled to himself as he got back into his car and drove back to his place.

~~~~~

"Hey, are you okay?" Kaycee asked into her phone. Sean had called her, interrupting her laundry folding session, complete with Broadway soundtracks blaring in the background.

"Yeah, um, about that "fiesta" tonight...wanna come over?" Sean asked.

"Yes! Of course! I'll be right over!" Kaycee smiled.

"Great, see you then. Oh, and wait, Kayce." Sean held her there for one more second. "Just use the spare key I gave you. I have the washing machine running right now, and I probably won't be able to hear the doorbell."

"You got it." Kaycee nodded.

"Great. See you soon." Sean disconnected the call, and quickly started to set the table.

~~~~~~

Kaycee arrived at Sean's apartment, and she did use her spare key to enter. When she got inside, there was no washing machine running, nor any of their other friends over. There was just a neatly set table, two plates of pasta, a few lit candles, and Sean, standing beside the table all nice and dressed up.

"Sean, what is this?" Kaycee asked, walking closer to him and the table.

"It's not exactly a fiesta, but..." Sean chuckled lightly, pulling a chair out for her to sit down in.

"I love it." Kaycee gushed. "But I'm guessing nobody else is going to show up, huh?" She asked with a laugh.

Sean poured her a glass of red wine and handed it to her before sitting back down. "You're most certainly correct."