Navy (Duex)

Kaycee sat at the table, cringing as she watched her husband argue with the King. A waiter came around and attempted to refill Kaycee's cup of tea, but she slowly raised a shaking hand, telling the waiter that she would not like another cup of tea. The argument before her eyes started to escalate quickly. The King's hand slammed onto the table, making all of the plates and silverware rattle. "Excuse me." Kaycee whispered, taking her napkin from her lap, placing it on the table, before exiting the dining hall.

Sean turned around at the distant sound of Kaycee's chair scraping against the floor. "Kaycee!" Sean yelled, shooting a glare back to the King, before running after his wife. He finally caught up with her, and he grabbed her hand. "Love, Love, stop running. Stop running."

Kaycee shook her head, tears brimming her eyes. "Did you hear what he was saying about me?! My own father!" She shook her head once more and kept walking. "We're married, Sean! What we did wasn't wrong!" She cried.

"No, Kaycee, please. He isn't mad at you. He's mad at me. I resigned earlier this morning, then we told him about the baby. It is alright." Sean rubbed his thumb over Kaycee's knuckles as they stood in the middle of an empty ballroom.

"I'm sorry about him, I really am, I--" Kaycee started to apologize.

"No, no, Kaycee, don't apologize. It isn't your fault. Let's go upstairs, okay? We both need to rest, all this stress isn't good for you or the baby."

"Does the baby even matter anymore?" Kaycee mumbled.

"Excuse me?" Sean asked, going at what his wife mumbled.

"Nothing." Kaycee looked up. "Nothing at all."

~~~~~

A few days had passed, and it wasn't long until the word of Sean's resignation from the Royal Navy reached almost every royal family in Europe. "Are you feeling any better, Love?" Sean asked, sitting beside Kaycee. He ran a hand through her hair, as she laid on her side, taking deep breaths. Kaycee sighed, shaking her head. Sean frowned. "If the pain gets any worse, we should call in the doctor, alright?"

"Alright." Kaycee whispered, her eyes fluttering closed as she fell back asleep. She had been in a lot of pain recently. Her sides and lower stomach had been hurting for a few days now, and she had been getting sick more often too.

Hours and hours went by without Sean. He had many royal addresses as of the last few days, regarding his departure from the Service. It was after an address when he returned to the safety of his master bedrokm that was shared with Kaycee. "Love?" He asked, not seeing Kaycee once the door was opened. Sean jumped when he heard a shriek from the opposite side of the master bathroom door. "Katherine?!" Sean shouted, opening the door. Kaycee winced as the door made a large slamming nosie against the wall as it swung open. "Oh my goodness, what happened here?" Sean asked, kneeling to Kaycee's level. Sean's fingers brushed over the once white fabric laying on the floor. The once white fabric that had now been tinged almost brown with blood. Spots of deep red blood were also streaked across the tile.

"The baby..." Kaycee whispered, tears steaming down her face. Sean gasped, pulling his wife into his arms.

~~~~~

The doctor was sent in not even an hour later, and it was determined that the royal baby had been miscarried. Ever since the doctor left the palace, Kaycee hadn't stopped crying. She also hadn't quit apologizing to Sean. She tried to convince him to go back to the Force, now, but he wouldn't let her let him leave. Sean knew that he needed to be here for his wife. "What is my father going to say?" Kaycee whispered, gripping onto Sean's shoulder in the hug, out of pure fear.

Sean's breath stuttered against Kaycee's neck. "I don't know, Love. I don't know how he is going to react, but Love, he can't touch us. Not as long as I'm around."

~~~~~

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 4K READS! XOXO! 😘😘😘