Nightmare

Kaycee woke up to her boyfriend thrashing back and forth in his sleep beside her. "Sean?" She asked, shaking his shoulder.

"No! Stop!" Sean exclaimed, still immersed into whatever kind of nightmare this was.

"Sean!" Kaycee exclaimed a little louder as she shook his shoulder a little harder. Sean sat straight up with a gasp, finally realizing that this nightmare was simply just a nightmare. "What happened?"

Sean rubbed the side of his head. "I-I had a nightmare that our show failed, and I failed you, and--"

"Woah, woah, woah, shh, it was only a nightmare. Breathe." Kaycee coaxed as Sean started rambling off words, without taking a breath. "You've never let me down, and you never will let me down." Kaycee kissed the side of his forehead. "I'll go get you some water." Kaycee took the covers from her legs and ventured out of the bedroom. As she left, Sean took a moment to catch his breath. He moved his hands over the blankets to keep himself grounded, and to clarify that his nightmare was simply a fragment of his worried mind. "Here, Love." Kaycee handed him a glass of ice water, from which Sean sipped slowly.

"I hate nightmares." Sean mumbled as he set the glass on a coaster that was on the bedside table.

"I know, I know, but it's okay now." Kaycee kissed his lips as they laid back down.

"What would I be doing without you?" Sean asked mindlessly as sleep started to weigh on his eyelids once more.

"You'd probably still be stuck in that nightmare." Kaycee chuckled gently.

"We wouldn't want that, would we?" Sean mumbled, falling asleep again.

"No, we wouldn't." Kaycee kissed him once more before they both fell back asleep for the night, safe and nightmare free.

~~~~~

Short and sweet ❤