Beaten Up

Post College AU

Everyone turned and gasped as Sean walked into rehearsals, uncharacteristically late. But they weren't gasping at his lack of punctuality, they were gasping at his partially black eye, broken nose, and bruised up hands. "What happened to you, Son?" Will lead Sean out of the studio and into the hallway. He drew the curtains so nobody in the studio could get nosey. Will pushed Sean's hood off of his head and lifted his baseball cap up as well. Now, it was clearly visible that his nose was severely broken, and his entire left eye was black.

"I need to talk to Kaycee." Sean mumbled, keeping his gaze down.

Will frowned as he placed his hand on Sean's shoulder. "If I get Kaycee, will you answer my question?"

Sean rolled his eyes, picking his hat back up and flipping it onto his head, following with his hood; just as he had walked into this mess. "Fine." He crossed his arms.

Will started turning to the studios, but turned back around at Sean's reply. He pointed a finger at the younger choreographer. "Don't give me an attitude, Young Man."

"Sorry." Sean sighed as Will disappeared into the studio to get Kaycee. Sean scowled as he watched Will speak to Kaycee for a moment. He guessed he was saying something regaurding his behavior just seconds ago.

"I'll let you two be." Will nodded, pointing Kaycee off in the direction of Sean.

"Are you insane?! Do you even understand how disrespectful you are being right now?!" Kaycee shouted. "Sean, I cannot believe--" She stopped when Sean removed his hat and hood, without words, and tears sprung to Kaycee's eyes. "Sean, what happened?" Her voice now fell to a whisper.

"Got into a fight." He mumbled.

"With who? Why?" Kaycee started panicking.

"Michael." Sean muttered once more, not even having the emotional energy in the moment to try to sweettalk his way out of this.

Kaycee all of a sudden became tense. "M-Michael? As in, my boyfriend, Michael?!" Her voice raised with every word.

"I only hit him because he hit you!" Sean yelled, looking right up at Kaycee.

Kaycee's mouth fell open. "Hit me? Michael's never laid a finger on me. Sean, where did you even get that idea from?"

"Where'd those bruises come from, then?!" Sean's voice had lowered a bit, but it was still loud. He lifted her oversized tshirt up to the bottom of her ribcage. Clearly exposed now, were scattered bruises across her side. "Don't think none of us saw them when you had crop tops on earlier this week!" Sean snapped.

"Michael didn't give those to me, Sean!" She put her shirt back down. "Those were from our pas class. A few of the tricks just didn't work out the first try, but I'm fine."

"He didn't hit you?" Sean asked.

"No! So I don't understand why you felt the need to fight him!" Kaycee exhaled.

"I'm sorry, Kaycee, I don't know what came over me, and..." He just hugged his friend.

"It's okay, I understand, just promise me you won't be so disrespectful again?" Kaycee asked.

"I promise." Sean half smiled.

~~~~~

"I'm sorry about what happened with Sean, he--" Kaycee started apologizing to her boyfriend over dinner that night.

"Don't see why you're apologizing for him, when you should be apologizing for cheating." Michael almost scowled, looking down at his plate.

"Excuse me?" Kaycee gasped, setting her fork down.

"You're cheating on me with Sean, that's why this whole thing happened." He yelled, standing up from the table.

"I have never cheated on you!" Kaycee defended herself. "Why would you even hold me to that?!"

The agrument progressed like this, worsening and worsening as words continued to be yelled. Glasses shattered to the ground, and things were being hit and knocked over. There was no end in sight.

~~~~~

Sean rubbed the side of his head, still in a half asleep daze as he woke up to the sound of pouring rain, as well as a knock on his door. He stumbled around to his door and opened it up. There stood Kaycee, a black hoodie Sean had lent her ages ago, and a Nike baseball cap, both tilted down, just as Sean was seen earlier that morning. "Kayce, it is three in the morning, come in here. What's wrong?" Sean immediately woke up when he saw who it was, and he ushered the girl inside. Sean took her hood and hat off and gasped at the sight. Kaycee's cheek was black and blue, and her collarbone was on the path to looking that way.

"I spoke too soon." She whispered as Sean pulled her into a hug.

~~~~~

A/N: Part 2?