45

(Still on stage btw)
Chase takes my hand
and brings me to the front of the
stage. I look at the crowd and they're all just watching. Chase signals to the director about something. She puts a blindfold on my head and I can't see anything. The next thing I hear is just the voice of the best man I've ever met. "Ellie, ever since the day I met you, which was only 3 days ago but it's felt so, so much longer, I knew you were the one and only for me ever since I saw you walk through those big glass doors. Your my best friend and it became something more than that. An ongoing love. To be honest, now, I'm not even sure if I fell in love before I met you. You are the best thing that's ever happened to me. I hate just calling us 'friends' and 'a thing'. I think your the only one I'm ever going to need and if I ever meet someone else that's not you I wouldn't consider myself 'in love'. You are and always will be the one I love and nothing will change that. I know it's a little soon and time is very important to you but I don't care anymore. I love you and I want to be able to call you mine, kiss you when I want, hold hands, be loving to each other. I will treat you like an absolute princess and I promise you that. I will never leave your side and when you need me the most I will always be there. You can trust me." I can hear his voice shake and I can tell he's trying not to cry. "I love you so much and I hope you see that because my world without you wouldn't be the same. And the long distance part, don't worry about it. I would never hurt you and I know it's going to be hard for the both of us not to see each other but I know we can get through it. Anyways, I brought you over here to tell you I love you and for this." I feel someone take off my blindfold to reveal my puffy red eyes and my cheeks tear stained. "Ellie Jackson, will you be my girlfriend?" I immediately burst out tears falling down my face as I hear his words and I run towards him even though we weren't far apart and throw my arms around him. He means the world to me and I realize now how much I love, care, and need him in my life forever. "Yes Chase. I will." I somehow get out of my mouth and forget that that theres hundreds of people staring at us. We sit there for a moment embracing each others company until he brings me in for a kiss. I hear mixed emotions from the crowd, awws, boos. People screaming from excitement, anger, sadness, but for the most part people are happy for us. Happy for him, happy for me, happy that we're happy. He slides the promise ring on my finger. It truly is a work of art. "Look." He says as he points to his finger that has the same ring on it. "So that's why you had a new ring on." I laugh and put all the puzzle pieces together in my head. I completely forget that my friends are watching us too. I look over at them and they are crying and cheering. Well, most of them. I widely smile and them and laugh a little. "This all just feels so surreal." I say as I wipe a tear from my eye whilst we're still sitting on the ground. "Yeah, I know, who knew I would've fell in love in the span of 4 days." He laughs. "Not that dummy head, it's that like, how did my life take a right turn for it to end up this way? I mean yeah, a lot of things happened with my ex and months after that but now I'm happy. I'm the happiest I've ever been right now." "I'm happy I get to call you mine now." He says as he leans in to kiss me. "Chase we have a whole crowd, we can't be loving like this in front of your 12 year old girlfriends." I tease him and he rolls his eyes and laugh. "Yeah but the only one I really want is you." He makes me blush. We sit up and walk hand in hand back to our seats. Everyone looks at me and chase in shock.