29

*warning- mature scenes*
   "El, you don't have to."
          "No no, I will. I think... I think it's
time. About a year ago, I got with this guy. His name was Ryan. Ryan Phelps. Biggest regret of my entire life. We had a healthy relationship for about four months. I was sure he was the one. After that four months though, everything changed. He became a new person, a side came out that I've never seen before. He verbally and physically abused me, raped me, he was a bad guy. After about 4 months of torture, he wanted me to die. He tied me onto a chair with a rope, tossed me in gasoline and tried to light me on fire, and I was in a wooden shed." At this point tears were running down my face faster than a waterfall. "He left the shed and left me to burn. To rot away. I somehow managed to get the rope undone before the fire touched me, and broke down the door. I jumped over the fence, and down the street. I ran to the only place I could, addys house. There, I explained to her everything, and she helped me. The next day I had to go home though. What you see next will probably make you think so much different of me." I explain. I was about to show him what I had done to myself. "Nothing will make me think different of you. Nothing." I lift up my sleeve to reveal 20 deep scars. He covered his mouth with his hand and grabbed my arm with his other hand. Tears were dripping off of his cheek onto his lap. "Chase please, please don't think different." My eyes join his in a party of falling tears. "El- I would never. Especially after all you've been through. Your scars just prove that you've made it through the fight. Every warrior has battle scars. Your done now though, right?" "Yeah, have been for a month now. I have 10 cuts for each month. It lasted for 2 months. 20 scars. 3 months since we broke up. Oh and, to add it on there, I also have ADHD." I giggle a little on the last part to brighten up the mood a bit. "And that, just gives you more character. You know what? So do I. I don't mind at all, it makes you more you, not like anyone else." He smiles a little as he says. "Yeah. I guess." He brings me into a hug, a tight one, one with full of meaning. We sit on the floor in front of the door just crying into each others shoulders for a good 5 minutes. He pulls away and grabs my hands and stares right into my eyes, fingers intertwined. "El, I want to make sure you know that nothing you have said changed my mind about you. In fact, in made me even more in love with you. Love is a strong word but honestly, I think it's worth it for you. I love you and I always will. But, I know time is very important, escpecially to you so I'll wait." Love. Love is something I haven't felt in a very long time. Deep down, I knew I loved Chase, but it isn't time. What he said was right. Time is very important to me. "Yeah, it is. I think time for us will be short though, I have a really good feeling." I say. His smile gets so wide I think his lips are about to rip. "Can we go... sit on the bed now? The floors kinda uncomfortable." He giggles. "Sure. Netflix?" "Always." We stand up and go sit on the bed. There's a tv hanging on the wall in front of the beds in between them. Chase picks up the remote and I lay my head on his shoulder. This is a dream come true. I don't think I'll like anyone like I like him. "What should we watch?" "Definitely the office." "I was thinking the same thing." He turns it on and rests his head on mine. There, I quickly fall asleep.