43

(𝑑𝑎𝑦 4: 𝑎𝑐𝑡𝑢𝑎𝑙 𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑦𝑙𝑖𝑠𝑡 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑠)
I wake up to avani
vigorously shaking me. "Wake up."
Is all I hear but I'll I worry about is El. I quickly sit up and look over to her: still in the same state she was in. I sigh and remember why avani woke me up. For the ring. "Ok lemme get dressed." I put on black button down tee and black jeans and rush out of the bathroom. "Let's go." I say. "Your driving." She says. "I know." And like that we are out the door.

"Why'd you have
to bring me again?" She asks. "I don't
know what she would like so I brought you duh." "Fair." We drive to Kay Jewelers and walk in the doors. It's so, shiny in here. There's so many rings, earrings, necklaces, bracelets, it's huge. "Who are you shopping for today?" A worker man asks me. "Uh, I'm looking for promise rings because I'm gonna ask someone to be my girlfriend and I need one." "When exactly?" He asks. "I'm not telling anyone when. Even she, who is the girls bestfriend, doesn't know when." "Ok. What size?" "Crap. AVANI COME HERE!!" I yell. "What size is she?" I ask. "Uhhh. 5?" "Are you sure?" "Yeah." "Ok go run off again." I laugh. "Well, we always have a lot of 5's in stock because it's a very common number so your probably gonna be able to take it home today. Now come with me and let's go look at some." We go over to the rings, where Avani was at. I see one with a diamond heart that catches my eye. "Avani what about this one?" I ask. "Oh she'll love that." She reassures. "Sir, I'm gonna get this one." I point to the one I want and he find a size 5 and checks me out. I also get a matching one for me.

We drive back
to the hotel. I quickly put the
ring in my pocket so no one sees it and run up to my room. I open the door and see a special surprise on the bed. "YOUR AWAKE!!" I scream and run up to her so I can just hold her in my arms. Tears start falling down my cheeks, but they were happy tears. "I was so worried and I missed you so much you don't even know." I said even though I was out of breath and crying. "Im ok. I missed you a ton too, even though I was asleep." We pulled away from the hug and I wiped away her tears with my thumbs. "Chase, I don't really remember what happened that night. The last thing I remember is screaming at you which you didn't deserve and-" "El, it's fine. I know you didn't mean for it to come off rude." "What happened after that?" "It's better off not knowing." "No chase, I want to know, even if it hurts me." "El I-" "Tell me." I look at her straight in the eyes with sorrow. "Fine. He called you a hoe, slut, worthless, and then you just fell to the ground and passed out." She puts her hand over her mouth and starts crying even more. I pull her closer and rub her back so she knows I'm here for her. "I had a panic attack." She announces. I nod and we just sit there for a minute. The silence isn't awkward though, it's nice. Calming you might say. "How are you still the most beautiful girl in the world even when you're a crying mess?" We laugh a little. Her face slowly comes closer to mine and in a matter of a second, our lips are connected.