Chap 58

Thinking of taking away the swearing in the first couple of chapters, what do ya guys think?

Annabeth's pov:

Why did Percy have to be so oblivious? I mean, Leo and Jason are a close second but come on, Jackson! Then again, that's what I get for dating him.

I mentally cursed myself. Don't think like that, that's what girls do when they break up, I haven't broken up with Percy yet.

The doorbell rang as I broke away from my train of thoughts. I walked over to the door, smiling at Piper who had brought food.

"Hey," she called as she dumped the couple of bags on the table.

I scoffed at the amount of chinese takeaway. "Piper, there's two of us, why so much food?"

(I've never had chinese takeaway- so I'll probably get the stuff wrong lol)

Piper shrugged. "Because I invited some people."

"Who?"

"All of our friends."

My jaw dropped to the floor. "Including Percy?"

Piper nodded. "You guys need to talk."

"Talk?" I asked. "We've already talked and you know how horrible that went."

Piper turned on the TV, shrugging yet again. "I said that they could invite anyone they want." She winked. "Including Calypso."

I groaned. "I'm not talking to her."

Piper turned towards me, exasperation clear on her face. "Annabeth, Calypso is nice. She's just a bit dim, if you get what I mean."

I raised an eyebrow. "I really don't."

"Calypso's father kept her isolated from the modern world, until a few years ago. So her vocabulary is very outdated."

I thought for a second. "That's a very weird reason."

Piper laughed. "Exactly what I thought when I spoke to her."

I crossed my arms, a slight frown on my face. "You sure she's nice?"

"Yeah, she is. Seriously nice- mind you."

. . .

The doorbell rang, distracting me from my train of thoughts. Piper glanced at me, telling me to go get it. I frowned.

"You're closer to the door."

Piper shrugged, pointing to the unopened bags. "I got you food."

I huffed, opening the door. In front of me stood, Hazel, Calypso, Leo, Frank, Jason, Thalia and Percy.

"Come on in. Piper brought food."

I didn't particular say it to anyone, just staring at the worn out welcome mat placed nearby the floor. Was it always placed at the side? I thought.

"Are you going to let us in?" Hazel asked, a small smile on her face.

I laughed nervously. "Oh right."

I opened the door wider so my friends could get in. Once in, most of them were dazed by the food, asking Piper if any of it was for them.